Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

Not really a fan of where the Flint stuff is going, it feels like it's spinning it's wheels a bit too much at the moment. I didn't mind separating him from Nassau while Teach was there so that Teach could step into his role of "senior badass pirate" but it seems like Flint & co being stuck on the island is going to turn into another 2 episodes at least. Granted it might have a payoff of some kind, but with no Jack, Teach, Flint, or Vane in Nassau there's not a lot of reason to care about what's going on there.

Show is still good but I hope we can get the band back together sooner than later.

Hopefully it results in them taking an army of slaves to take back Nassau.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What are those black spheres the urca gold was converted to?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is the spanish navy way better then the British navy or does Britain not care enough to mount a defense of the Spanish come knocking for the gold?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dreylad posted:

the one thing ive learned from looking up the final naval battle in season 1 is that this show has awaken an ancient internet blood feud between spanish and english people in the comments

Well didn't vane say pirates don't attack Spanish vessels because the Spaniards will attack them? Why is that? Does Spain go after pirates harder then Berrian? Seems like Spain would win the argument then! :v:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I wonder what the life expectancy on a pirate ship was. Probably awful.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

A funny thing about Blackbeard is that every time he's portrayed in movies and TV shows he's always too old. He never made it to 40.

I'd like to imagine being a captain of a pirate ship for as long as he was gave him enough stress to look pretty loving old for his age. So just imagine him as an old looking mid 30's.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Axel Serenity posted:

I really liked this episode. Choosing not to have music for the duel was a good choice, and the sound work there was awesome. Great work, Goon! I'm definitely trying to pay more attention to it since you've started posting about it.

I hope Jack never stop scheming. He's probably my favorite at this point. :allears:

Jack is an idiot. Should have never gone back. He could have won!!!!!!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If someone talked to me in the voice max does I would just laugh at them. It's not natural at all.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SeaWolf posted:

I don't necessarily think the characters are boring and terrible. They certainly aren't of the level of writing the male leads are, but they're dragged down even harder because neither of the actresses that play them can act worth a drat.

Eleanor looks either scared or furious in whatever scene she's in and Max can't speak in anything other than a horrible and monotone french accent. If they could act worth a drat then they might be redeemable but I feel like any real pirate would have just told them to STFU and then just run them through so they wouldn't have to listen to the sounds coming out of their mouths anymore.

Not before they rape them.

I like Anne but isn't she kind of one dimensional? gently caress everyone except jack. Kill them all! And that's about it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Med School posted:

This show made me realize how much harder it is for men to be sexy as gently caress. Anyone would probably say Vane is a 10 as far as dudes are concerned, and Jessica Kennedy is a 10 as far as girls are concerned, but you never read
Any articles about the girls of the show having to run 13 miles and do 200 pull-ups a day to look the way they look...

Girls don't work out. Clearly you're either born looking like Jessica Kennedy or you look like Rosanne. Right?!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Med School posted:

I'm just saying I don't think any of the girls on the show work out AS MUCH as Vane (can't remember his name) or Tom Hopper. If you did a behind the scenes thing on the show following all the guys and the girls, the guys probably do about 20% more gym craziness. Can anyone in this thread do 200 pull-ups a day? I sure as hell cant

But it is hosed up some people are born looking like Rosanne....

I'm sure the women do what is considered crazy for a woman to do to keep looking like they are. Also the actor for charles vane has looked like how he looks since shameless which he was on 3-4 years ago. So it's not like hes having to go 300 or spartacus with how much he works out. He probably had to step it up a little bit but not a ton as you are thinking.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

savinhill posted:

yeah, no doubt there's tons of chemical assistance for actors getting n staying as jacked as they are

Or you know the fact they can pay someone who can tell them exactly what exercises to do and how to do it. Then go home and have a chef make exactly the food they need to eat. I mean gently caress.. half the battle IMO of working out is eating the right stuff and doing the right exercises. Which is a giant pain in the rear end to do on your own if you're interests lie elsewhere or you have something making it harder then normal to do properly(like type 1 diabetes for me).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
As annoying as they are id take both Eleanor and max at the same time any day of the week.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

W h a t i f M a x t a l k e d l i k e t h i s t h e w h o l e t i m e t h o u g h ?

hahahhaah hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. it would be hard but yes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Nothing wrong with that. Always seems like there's a high chance s series will start to be dog poo poo when it goes over 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

Considering that Spartacus did the same and went out on what I feel is arguably the best series finale of any show I have ever seen I'm not exactly bummed by these news. Shows should not run past their expiration dates just because they're doing good. It always sours me on a show when you have a fantastic couple of early seasons and then the later seasons just re-threads plotlines and character development like a broken record to the point of self-parody (Looking at you Oz :argh:) because the writers ran out of ideas.

Spartacus was a edge case though because it's main actor from season one died. They could have gotten 4 real 10 episode seasons out of spartacus easy. Still a great show!

• Locked thread