Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Also you pirate by sailing close before popping your black flag, a Man o War isn't hiding as a merchant ship.

But they were raiding a town, not a ship. :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

That show got a second season? I quit it after the first episode

The 100 is great and you should rewatch it. The pilot is what it is for a good reason.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

gohmak posted:

The 100 is terrible.

You are terrible.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

This is Blackbeard's:

That can't be real.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

It's not just raising a cup, he's supposed to be "toasting the devil."

Sailors, not the remembered artists of the 18th century for a reason.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 1, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Phenotype posted:

Or, you know, say gently caress history and have the pirates of Nassau wage war against England and Spain, kill everyone in their way, blow up half the British fleet, and end the show with a democratic pirate council ruling over a free island.

It worked for Inglorious Basterds.

Spartacus managed to stick the landing regardless with like the best ending I think I've ever seen a TV-series have so I'm not that worried.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's more important for the flag to either be black or red than the actual design. Black meaning you were a pirate and willing to give quarter, red meaning you were going to slaughter the whole ship.

Why would you ever raise a red flag then? :confused:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rad Gravity posted:

You'd raise the black flag when closing on your intended victim to let them know you were a pirate and they should really, really surrender now. If they decided to fight anyway, you might raise the red flag instead, and no quarter would be given even to crew who tried to surrender after that point. Obviously, many ships would rather surrender while the black was flying than risk a fight to the death with hardened criminals.

Still not really seeing the point of telling your prospective opponent in battle that you will unconditionally murder the poo poo out of them instead of just doing it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

This show isn't a Charles Vane biopic, they just picked him because his surname sounds cool.

Alas, his addition was in vane.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

Didn't really like this episode. The pseudo bottle episode didn't do anything for me because I just wanna see pirates fighting and ships shooting at each other.

Fly would have been better if it was this episode.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

What next... how can anything be better than Pirates?

Space pirates

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

But didn't the information effectively get intercepted by Blackbeard this episode? I mean the guy with the papers offed himself the moment he risked being captured which means that the information must have still been confidential. Doesn't this mean that Roger's is essentially about to gently caress himself over for nothing?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

You could buy a torpedo boat and get around South East Asia taking out gunships and the Russian mob.

:swoon:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Would he have him executed? It removes any hope of Anne ever resurfacing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rackham would fit right in at Better Call Saul.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

Have to admit, "My name is John Silver and I've got a long loving memory," has a much better ring to it than: "...and I happen to be a very good cook."

It would have made the scene hilarious though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Holy hell, that blew even the finale of season 1 out of the water. Especially that stinger, Long John Silver. So excited for the next season. :allears:

I guess Vane had to go to make room for Stevenson being a regular.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 26, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

EDIT: Nevermind, question already answered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Considering that Spartacus did the same and went out on what I feel is arguably the best series finale of any show I have ever seen I'm not exactly bummed by these news. Shows should not run past their expiration dates just because they're doing good. It always sours me on a show when you have a fantastic couple of early seasons and then the later seasons just re-threads plotlines and character development like a broken record to the point of self-parody (Looking at you Oz :argh:) because the writers ran out of ideas.

• Locked thread