Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy gently caress, that was certainly a season opener. :stare:
This is going to be a loving great season.
Ray Stevenson as Edward is loving inspired casting. :allears:

Also, this must be the season of the beards since everyone has seems to have one now.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

ffffffffffffffart

poo poo moves way too slow at times and the characters change their mind all the time for the convenience of the plot. I'll maybe watch s3 once it's all out so I can skip the inevitable long stretches of nothing happening.

Still, nice coat.

That wasn't slow at all and the characters are loving lawless pirates so of course they're going to change their minds a lot especially when it's beneficial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder how many more seasons they have planned because in real life some of the major characters didn't live much longer. Based on the Woodes Rogers stuff this season takes place in 1718 and in real life (major spoilers) Jack Rackham was executed in 1720 and Vane in 1721. Most famously, Blackbeard doesn't even survive the year.

I don't think this is following history down to the T, it's more of a play set with a bunch of famous pirates and historical figures plotting and scheming in it.

But, I think it'd be pretty ballsy to kill off some characters this year and I'd respect the show more for it!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

You can't really knock or critique her accent since that's literally how she talks.
She's English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4FGdflv0Tk

I don't mind her, her role on the show is fascinating.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jesus Christ, this episode gave me so much god damned anxiety.

I never want to go on a boat ever again.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm pretty sure that I'm :gay: now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This show being back has put me in an age of piracy/1600s-1700s kind of mood again, anyone know of any good podcasts that get in depth about the goings ons of the period?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rocksicles posted:

http://www.historyofpiratespodcast.com

Goes WAY back to when people were stealing stuff off floating logs.

Haven't tuned in but i saw it listed somewhere once.

Oh snap, this is actually a bit cooler than I expected. thanks!
Still looking for something that goes into detail about the various lovable murderous scamps of the golden age though!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Didn't really like this episode. The pseudo bottle episode didn't do anything for me because I just wanna see pirates fighting and ships shooting at each other.

You're a bad person.

The Black Flag shark hunt scene was amazing and watching Hornigold not get murdered was amazing and everything with Vane and Edward is amazing and everything is amazing!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I love just about everything in this show.

The plotting and scheming is great fun to watch and the actors all give good enough performances that I can forgive the occasionally hammy dialog.
The only thing that can get a little grating is the Max & Anne drama but they're both hot so I can forgive it! :shobon:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Fauxshiz posted:

I've never read Treasure Island. Should I? Or should I wait until this series ends? I'm a hole digging uneducated pleb. I just want to be entertained!

Wow, really?

I just feel like it's a book that literally everyone has read atleast once at some point in their lives.

Hell yeah read it, it's a swashbuckling classic.
I wouldn't worry about spoilers for the show, I'm pretty sure that the events in the book won't happen for another 20+ years in-show.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aw gently caress this kind of sucks but since it's on their own terms I'm not that bummed.

I'm a little weirded out that this is going to lead directly into Treasure Island though, wasn't this set like 40 years before the books? Going to be some time fuckery methinks.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 21, 2016

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

life is killing me posted:

Pretty sure it's twenty years

That still doesn't make much sense. :v:

How much time has actually passed since the show started? I feel like it's only been a year or two from what I've gleaned through the discussions characters have had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aphrodite posted:

It's not going to lead directly in time wise. There's a significant amount of time between the treasure being buried and the beginning of Treasure Island.

Oh, fair enough then.

• Locked thread