Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I kinda like her character. I can't pin her down and she just absolutely does random things. She's like the bellwether of chaos around any character she interacts with and the entire town of Nassau.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Max isn't going anywhere and I suspect she is going to wind up being Silver's "wife" that he leaves his fortune with at the end of the series. Plus, Jessica Parker Kennedy is the most attractive actor on TV right now and I will be distraught if they somehow write her off the show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd also like to point out that The Coat has been in 100% of the episodes so far this season. I wonder if Toby Stephens was thinking of a different coat and the one true coat will be in the season as planned. I can only hope.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

Guys... i have some bad news

Flint is trolling me, surely...

https://twitter.com/TobyStephensInV/status/687469713807511556

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Their flags were awesome. I'm upset we're not gonna get to see Black Sam Bellamy in the show. He and Calico Jack are my favorite historical pirates. And Black Bart too, but he raided along the African coast more so I don't think he'll be showing up either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jolly_Roger

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I how this show never ends. It's been hands down my favorite show since like episode 3 of season 1.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The only thing that is wearing a bit thin on me so far is Elenore and it's mainly because it feels like they are really steeeeeeeeetching for a reason to have her still be on the show. She's gonna wind up loving Woodes, somehow coming back into some sort of power over Nassau, and that will basically set the table for a rehash of season 1 where she's fighting for total control from Woodes in season 4.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This show, just in life, shows that the lady parts are the best, but only to those that truly understand the lady parts in earnest!.................That being said, I wish any of them would have a payoff. BAZINGA!!!! But seriously, there needs to be something.................SEX WITH WOODES!.......but something.............

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jst0rm posted:

Cool. Those are real musket shots but tricked out a bit ;) I love the delayed reaction between the fuse and the shots that happen sometimes with those weapons.

Whats next? This summer I have 1 film for sure late summer (still in script stage) and a big film in the brew - its about a book that you write peoples names in and they die ;) yes that one.

I also have my own content idea that I am going to be shopping to netflix and amazon in the next month. If that gets picked up I will be producing that.

Oh and I also work on chicago fire and chicago pd. They are simple and dont take up a lot of extra time. A nice paycheck.

The only reason I'm stopping pirates is because of the total time commitment to get it done. I love this show. I won an emmy and have 2 nominations because of the work I did on it. There really is nothing better to cut on tv. Even game of thrones looks a bit stale to me in the action realm.

Thunder is mostly thunder recordings. However sometimes you need to give it a bit of the sauce. Layering of sounds works really well here as you can get a close and far thunder mixed together for some nice rollers with the big impact.

I'm friends with a bunch of people on the Chicago shows. If you run into/work with Nick or Mike the sound guys or Danielle Bernstein in PR tell them Sam said hi.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hello new background.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

You could buy a torpedo boat and get around South East Asia taking out gunships and the Russian mob.

I loved that show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

I wonder what the life expectancy on a pirate ship was. Probably awful.

My guess would be a year or two tops. Seems like most pirate captains only had a few years of being active at all.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We could become the pirates of the Great Lakes. Rob US and Canadian freight boats. No one would suspect it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nate fisher posted:

But good chance you can get laid at sea on the Sea Shepherd as long as you don't mind natural deodorant.

Irish Spring is natural right?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

Did uk amazon release like two episodes at once? the most recent one Flint and Blackbeard dueled on a beach over who gets control of the fleet

Who won?!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

prak posted:

Minimalist piracy.

Boat - $1500 (oars and/or sails sold separately)
Gun - $500 (carriage, gunpowder, and ammunition must be made/supplied yourself?)
Wood barrels and supplies would be another couple of hundred.
Flags are available just about anywhere but I'm sure at least a couple of you already have one.

Looks like only $3000-5000 in basic materials?

Not getting swept out to sea and/or arrested seem like they still might be something of a challenge. The latter would take care of the former though.

Oh, and avoid the Spanish; they still want that poo poo back. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Swan_Project

Ha, gently caress that. I would float that treasure back out to sea and sink it again. gently caress you governments.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm waiting for him to fight with lit fuses around his head. The guy certainly knew how to cut a terrifying image.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Minus1Minus1 posted:

I'm among the folks that never properly read Treasure Island. I must have had some abridged version for young adults at some point, but I don't have any recollection of the story.

Anyway, started reading it on my iPad using a goofy little app called Serial Reader that basically chunks books and unlocks a new section every day. It's been a lot of fun to read and watch, but it's surprisingly frustrating to get to the end of a chapter and then there's no more book available for another 23.5 hours.

Umm, I think it's free if you download the Kindle app man.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't wait to see this plan to rescue both Jack and the treasure. Finally having all of the main pirates on the same side with a clear goal to work towards is going to be loving amazing to watch. This is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite shows and I love that Stars is giving it enough seasons to finish out the story it wants to tell.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

She's setting herself up for a bit of murder from Anne for lying to her about Jack being tortured.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gazaar posted:

That's kind of impressive frankly. The first time they said his name I lit up thinking about ghetto fast food fish.

I went into the pilot totally blind so when I first heard his name I realized it was a Treasure Island prequel/retelling and I immediately freaked out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Can't find a gif or video, but there's also a Cagney scene where they shot the poo poo out of some wall he was standing behind with a real machine gun.

Edit:
Or basically anything Buster Keaton did
https://youtu.be/zsyRhRR5Iu4

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 16, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

savinhill posted:

Isn't it pretty obvious that the Island Princess is going to be her?

Anyway, I'll be hugely disappointed if Blackbeard doesn't stomp all over everything Guthrie holds dear and the writers let eleanor off the hook again.

Island Princess is going to be Silver's wife. And I'm kinda hoping that Max dies in the next episode because she is boring and now is unimportant as well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We can all see Max's influence over "the streets" in that absolutely everyone was bummed out over Vane's death even though she publicly endorsed Eleanor. The one hooker with the bigger boobs and the beauty mark actually has more street sway than her since she's helping Billy, and he's, you know, swaying the streets.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mouse Dresser posted:

She speaks in a fairly monotone manner. I guess it's her attempt at sounding serious and resolute, but it just flatly moves along whenever she has especially long monologues.

I really did not see Vane's death coming. Who is going to fill that "voice so gravelly it sounds like he gargled with broken glass" quota on the show, now?

Vane will be a ghost companion that only Jack can see! They will fake Jack's death and go from colony to colony righting wrongs and solving mysteries to help Charles earn his wings and get into pirate heaven. And some of our old friends could show up along the way! Can you see Eleanor Guthrie as a hobbled shoe maker trying to get by in Charlestown? Or how about Max now working as a speech and etiquette teacher in St. Augustine? Well stay tuned for the all new series Jack Sails!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just want her and Max purged because they are uninteresting and completely superfluous to the show as a whole. They're basically just there to fill the "boobs" quota.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SaltLick posted:

So I imagine next season is the running off of Rogers and ending with Flint dead/LJS supremacy?

If it's the last season I could see that. I think this series ends with Flint.

Mans posted:

Have you seen the wife of Jack's former quartermaster?

If you need a boob quota that one's got it covered.

Idelle! That's her name. I may as well remember it since she's been involved in a bunch of important stuff as of late.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So have they said if season 4 is going to be the last season or anything like that? I just feel like everything is starting to get moved into end game positioning so if it is the final season all hell could start breaking lose.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If Silver doesn't get his parrot this next season I am going to start an online petition.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

I would be fine with next season being the last, but I've got a gut feeling that it's going five seasons.

Is Max supposed to be Mary Reed?

I doubt it. They may just be leaving Reed out. Unless Max turns into an awesome sword fighting pirate.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anne proves this show is able to write interesting important female characters which makes Max and Guthrie that much more frustrating. One is a former whore who has taken over the streets of Nassau through shrewd planning and business acumen and the other was in total control of a pirate trading port before being arrested for piracy and has come back to claim revenge for the way the island ran her off.....and they are both boring terrible characters. It boggles the mind.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Can we talk about fruit next? Really round this thread out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What this show needs is a 10 minute montage of crotch-rot and syphilis scars. Really being the history home!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ship 2 ship you say?!

https://youtu.be/eq8QqqRNnP4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They already have. I don't think any of the historical deaths have happened like they did in reality. Also, I think it's kinda funny the black spot turned out to be Billy's idea. Talk about dramatic irony.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If it was on basic cable its ratings would be better.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

As annoying as they are id take both Eleanor and max at the same time any day of the week.

W h a t i f M a x t a l k e d l i k e t h i s t h e w h o l e t i m e t h o u g h ?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FrensaGeran posted:

Her accent was just so impeccable and not irritatingly artificial and monotone I can't believe it.

She should have just moved to Quebec for a few months.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm sure it'll just go up until Flint betrays them and buries the treasure. It's been a long time since I read Treasure Island, but I'm pretty sure no one but Gunn knows where the treasure really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

coyo7e posted:

60 seconds of coat close ups and Vane's abs

Both of which are gone....to the lost:cheers:

• Locked thread