Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

>is a kid
>Mario64
>Cool an underwater level
>
>Nope.jpg
>Try not to cry
>Lie down, cry a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i knew the piano would come to life every time i got near it but ill be damned if i ever got used to it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bloggs from metroid prime echoes

shallow murky water as well

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

bloggs from metroid prime echoes

shallow murky water as well

Oh gently caress that.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
These from Everquest 1... Good thing they were all contained on an island no one ever went too

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The underwater level in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... gently caress THE RIVER! :stonk:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Spiders

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Especially these motherfuckers

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

insect hive levels

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the sonic drowning music terrified me as a kid

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Shadows of the Empire N64 water monsters

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The underwater sections in Final Fantasies 5, 6, and 7... forget Emerald Weapon, the real Aire Tam Storm is pure oceanic fear!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

the sonic drowning music terrified me as a kid

the mario 64 drowning animation shook me up

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU21AG8HWhk

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

a Loving Dog posted:

Shadows of the Empire N64 water monsters

holy poo poo yeah. the dianoga was scary

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The ocean sections in Ecco the Dolphin. When you realize you're a mammal... you poo poo bricks! :stonklol:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Me: Oh, cool, the ocean, but I'm a fish, so I'm not scared.

My rear end in a top hat friend: Um, actually, dolphins are mammals, and breathe air.

Me: What? WHAT?! You mother F----R! You... ugh! Agh!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

freddie fazzbear op need i say more? i think not, all our pants have been shat thinking about fnaf

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont like jump scares at all. i cant play horror games cos of them , even cheesy ones.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
like put it this way, the 3rd dungeon in persona q, with the dolls that spring up. i did those sections walking backwards so i didnt have to see thjem. persona Q

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

windwaker redeads, specifically had me making GBS threads bricks and afraid of completing the game

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont like jump scares at all. i cant play horror games cos of them , even cheesy ones.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

the unkillable chainsaw frankenstein in Castlevania 64 made me have panic attacks as a child

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Pictured: Me, running away shrieking in uncontrollable, unconsolable terror

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
did anyone else play the psx game Overblood? i remember being really freakd out by it for some reason.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The AT-AT boss fight in the Star Wars empire game in n64 tripped me out. Idk what it was but the combination of its movement and sound effects made me run back to the elevator where the boss fight started. I shut the console off before it could round the corner and blast me to death.

I had the same visceral reaction to the loving metal gear chasing me on my d-walker in MSGV-- what a loving mind trip

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

The AT-AT boss fight in the Star Wars empire game in n64 tripped me out. Idk what it was but the combination of its movement and sound effects made me run back to the elevator where the boss fight started. I shut the console off before it could round the corner and blast me to death.

I had the same visceral reaction to the loving metal gear chasing me on my d-walker in MSGV-- what a loving mind trip

Yoda loving Luke

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yoda loving Luke

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
none of the fears posted in this thread are irrational

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ugh god. me and my friends had a heartattack at my sleepover playing that

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

oh gently caress

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
loving. Spiders. Any arachnophobes here?

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
jumping on the underwater bandwageon and letting you all know that the brain monsters from duke nukem 3d got my freak out

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Respawning enemies OP.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The fish in Tiny Huge Island that straight up eats you.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

tumor looking batty posted:

ugh god. me and my friends had a heartattack at my sleepover playing that

having a friend stay over and playing scary games together for the MFing win. i played all of silent hill 3 at a friends house over the course of several sleep overs and it is one of my fondest gaming memories

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

No Such Thing posted:

The fish in Tiny Huge Island that straight up eats you.

you just reminded me of that loving fish in yoshi's story. that thing was horrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

rediscover posted:

having a friend stay over and playing scary games together for the MFing win. i played all of silent hill 3 at a friends house over the course of several sleep overs and it is one of my fondest gaming memories

it's so awesome... I'm best friends with those five people I invited over... It takes a relationship to a whole new level

• Locked thread