Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i have this on my ps4 but i can't imagine ever playing it

I played it for a bit and I tried to get a bit further by looking away and pressing buttons but that didn't help, it's just too scary for this gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
1) black water like in ff7, because it feels like something eldritch is waiting for you

2) empty water like in skyrim, san andreas, or dying light, because it feels like you're just moving around in an undeveloped z-axis zone that'll glitch you to death

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

i have this on my ps4 but i can't imagine ever playing it

yeah lol

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i watched my friend play it instead and he yelled noooooo when the ghost grabbed him

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
i'm a huge pissy-pants baby and p.t. really isn't that scary

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

^Literally this. I've n-never been sacred of PT.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

1) black water like in ff7, because it feels like something eldritch is waiting for you

2) empty water like in skyrim, san andreas, or dying light, because it feels like you're just moving around in an undeveloped z-axis zone that'll glitch you to death

*me makes scary noise wearing my sweet black robe and baller ram skull* Something eldritch this way comes...

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

*me makes scary noise wearing my sweet black robe and baller ram skull* Something eldritch this way comes...

Sounds like an episode of night vale. They actually invented concepts like eldritch horrors and that sort of thing.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

net cafe scandal posted:

i like your av.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
i'm just a squid, tryin' to survive in a man's world.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Sounds like an episode of night vale. They actually invented concepts like eldritch horrors and that sort of thing.

A lot of the things in this thread wouldnt make a Night Vale resident look twice.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Oh also when I played Banjo Kazooie the first time I didn't like the music in Mad Monster Mansion so I used the gold feathers cheat and had the invincibility music on all the time instead.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pikachu posted:

i like your av.

Thank you.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
flying up through texture plane clouds/sky in early 3d games like fury3, temrinal velocity, and microsoft flight sim 95 freaked me out because i was afraid i would break through the clouds and some huge ship like somethin out of close encounters of the third kind would be taking up the entire sky

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I don't like it cause it makes me wonder if bloopers could still chase Mario on land

gently caress that

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
One of the first PC games I ever played was Wing Commander Privateer and I got pretty spooked at the part where you're working for the stellar cartography service, flying to places never before visited by people. It's not even on the map to start with.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure that the masks from Super Mario Bros 2 are running for mayor in Night Vale

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I can handle jump scare games if im powerful in the game but like outlast or pt games that are just a haunted house bug me out. I didnt mind Alien Isolation though maybe because you die so much in that game

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdered by my old friend, the loading screen.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I don't like it cause it makes me wonder if bloopers could still chase Mario on land

gently caress that

They fly in Lost Levels. Enjoy your nightmares.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can use bloopers on ground levels in Mario Maker as well

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

like put it this way, the 3rd dungeon in persona q, with the dolls that spring up. i did those sections walking backwards so i didnt have to see thjem. persona Q

when i was a kid i couldn't handle dragon warrior because the random encounters popping up were too startling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fiber posted:

when i was a kid i couldn't handle dragon warrior because the random encounters popping up were too startling

Lol. I'm not laughing at you, it's just a funny image

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
yeah i was a cowardly kid. Willow for NES sticks out too, this type of transition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO1tJ_B9UUw&t=267s

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My mum used to freak out when she got too close to edges in spyro and would take 5 mins to gype herself up before taking a glide.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fiber posted:

yeah i was a cowardly kid. Willow for NES sticks out too, this type of transition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO1tJ_B9UUw&t=267s

never heard of this game and that is a really cool effect lol

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
it's a legit little game, i'd put it up there with crystalis

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Aston posted:

Oh also when I played Banjo Kazooie the first time I didn't like the music in Mad Monster Mansion so I used the gold feathers cheat and had the invincibility music on all the time instead.

This mother fucker...

Turns out he's a nice guy and all but drat, that first encounter.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

When did Hermione Granger get fat

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

HORMELCHILI posted:

I can handle jump scare games if im powerful in the game but like outlast or pt games that are just a haunted house bug me out. I didnt mind Alien Isolation though maybe because you die so much in that game

Dead Space had a nemesis monster late in the game that chased you and you had to run back to the tram while poo poo was exploding around you. Had to take a break at that point bc it freaked me out but coming back to it I realized it was all scripted.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

*scattered laughter*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

*scattered laughter*

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

*scattered laughter*

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

A Bay Bay
Hurricane Chris
Lyrics
Ay bay bay(ay)
Ay bay bay(ay)
Ay bay bay(ay)
Ay bay bay(ay)
Ay bay bay(ay)
Ay bay bay(ay)
Ay bay bay(ay)
Ay bay bay(ay)
Ay bay bay(ay)
Ay bay bay(ay)
Ay bay bay(ay)
Ay bay bay(ay)
You wanna know wat we say in da club (ay bay bay)
Whites folks gangsta and them thugz (ay bay bay)
Stuntin wit a stack of dem dubz (ay bay bay)
Ridin' in a lac wit a mug (ay bay bay)
I'm in da club hollerin'
Ay bay bay
Ay bay bay
Ay bay bay
Ay bay bay
Ay bay bay
I'm in da club holerin'
Ay bay bay
Ay bay bay
Ay bay bay
Ay bay bay
Ay bay bay
I'm in da club hollerin'
When I holler ay bay bay
I finna get my groove on
It's so hot up in da club
Dat I ain't got no shoes on
I'm holdin' up a big stack of dem
Hundreds in a rubba band
Girl don't ask me for no cash
Cause I'm not dat other man
Everybody trippin'… Full lyrics on Google Play

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Shortest Path posted:

well what do you think he's scared of

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just thought of two, OP: SkeleBros and EnderBros from Minecraft.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
the twisted freaking carnival music in mario 64... make it stop!! Gah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

the twisted freaking carnival music in mario 64... make it stop!! Gah!

The two sides of me. Nicest song you'll ever hear, and twisted loving carnival music.

• Locked thread