Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Anybody familiar with minisplits know one vendor who has good thermostat integration? Most of them don't seem to, and ones like the Mitsubishi's require $200 adapters per wall unit. I understand the little remotes from a simplistic consumer point of view, and I understand and hate the "wifi enabled" internet of poo poo integration. But I just need the classic 24v wired thermostat signals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Condensate for that air handler not draining and overflowing the pan into the floor and then down into those closets?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Also living in Texas do you really want to take the risk that your $30 savings dies out in a July heatwave next year rather than in 2-3 years?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
You can have voltage delivery problems and the fuses won't care at all, as its still under the current limit. Fuses are there to prevent things from catching fire and not much else.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

MRC48B posted:

but you will never get warranty support.

With the industry turnover, what are the odds of most of the installers staying in business long enough to honor any warranty work other than fixes due to installation or early failures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I am team Fluke or Bust.

I have never once had a Fluke, either new or all the way down to a beat 77 from the '80s, fail to work as expected. I've seen old ones sort of drift out of calibration tolerance (but more often "drift" so someone can take them home), which is great if you need milli-volt accuracy in a lab but meaningless for day to day use. I buy for life, and because I like to support companies building quality products as a moral thing.