Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
Question about furnace filters. I ordered these two Filtrete filters online, but they arrived smashed up (thanks, UPS!). The retailer's sending me two new replacements, but is there any harm in straightening out these ones and using them, any way?

\/ Thanks! I'll go ahead and fix 'em for use, then.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
I asked this in another thread, but definitely want to know you HVAC pro's view on it. I recently heard that a lot house fires are caused by crappy/cheap bathroom ventilation motors. Is this true? I'm just asking because pretty much everything in our new suburban build is flimsy and cheap, and if there's even a slight possibility that the cheapest ventilation units were used, I really don't mind replacing them for safety considerations.