Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Anyone familiar with high-velocity AC systems? I'm probably gonna have to replace my central AC in the next decade, and these things seem to tick a whole bunch of boxes for me. Are they getting more common, or are they still super-rare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Motronic posted:

I seem them around here, but they are almost always a retrofit for a 1700/1800s farm house. I'm not sure why you'd want one unless it was nearly impossible to put in central heat/air without it due to the building.

Air circulation, mostly. I'm in South Florida, where constant 15° differential AC is a fact of life. Moving air lets you set the thermostat considerably warmer, since it feels cooler than it actually is. Even running the circ fan on a traditional AC unit doesn't really do what I'm looking for.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006V4WNYU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZW3Nyb090FX5G

Doubles as a cat toy. :v: