Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I have an old home with a new dual system HVAC. For the first floor I removed the Honeywell thermostat and installed a Nest.

When I went to remove the thermostat from the 2nd floor system to install the next I was surprised to find that it was wireless using one of these: https://forwardthinking.honeywell.com/products/wireless/focus_pro/focus_pro_feature.html

If I want to use a Nest on this one do I need to disconnect the wires from the wireless red link box and run them down to where the thermostat is mounted or is there some other solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Aprilaire 600 humidifier question:

The tech installed the outdoor temperature sensor in the furnace combustion intake pipe. The furnace is from 2015.

Is this going to provide the right temp to the humidifier control? Or should it be run to the outside?

Here are some pics. The install looks amateurish (horrible wiring) and the hole made in the fresh air intake pipe isn’t even sealed.

Jealous Cow fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 15, 2018