Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Alereon posted:

If the AC runs humidity is controlled, so that's great during the warmer seasons, but there are days when it's both cool and humid and the AC never runs. I guess I will put some time into thinking about if both a dehumidifier and a humidifier can be practically installed and if it's worth the effort.

Depending on how your ductwork is set up you can get dedicated humidifiers/dehumidifiers that are sized to hook directly to the 12x20 or whatever ducting. They do require control logic slightly more complicated that a cheapo humidistat, if only to keep them from fighting each other constantly. They aren't that cheap either, I was pricing a set out to do exactly what you're describing because gently caress using portable units, and it would add like $5k to my new house build to get it all wired up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Qwijib0 posted:

just use propane :devil:

Apparently a propane/butane mix was super popular with my dad's friends back in the 80s and 90s as a replacement refrigerant for their cars because R12 was just banned and they were all way too lazy to fix/replace whatever was needed to convert it over. Do the math right and you can get the enthalpy curve almost dead-on R12, with the added side effect that those pinhole leaks in the coils are now bonus fire hazards.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Can confirm, use way more often as cat toy than as legit test equipment.