Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are very few herding ones, thank god. the minigames are fun and the other ones are just "hey run around and kill monsters" which im fine with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i enjoy the normal ones where you're like, fighting and exploring to get the toads. but just chasing them around using the dash move, or the herding ones, those i would rather just skip

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theres only 3 or 4, so you won't have to do too many. I liked the toad stuff but really didn't like the paper craft battles

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

In Training posted:

Theres only 3 or 4, so you won't have to do too many. I liked the toad stuff but really didn't like the paper craft battles

They're better in the battle ring because they're harder (and enemies will actually try to attack you at those recharge spots) but they're pretty boring in the main story.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
almost beat this game and i love it. this is my new favorite mario rpg after paper mario TTYD, but that's impossible to beat anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For those who have gotten to it: how in the world are you supposed to Toad Trail. Every time I practiced it I fell off immediately and couldn't figure out what was going on.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

In Training posted:

For those who have gotten to it: how in the world are you supposed to Toad Trail. Every time I practiced it I fell off immediately and couldn't figure out what was going on.

Hold forward the entire time. Only move the Circle Pad a few millimeters to the left and right when those turns pop up. Don't try to trace the path, it's ridiculously sensitive.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh you have to actually hold forward. I didn't know that. I kept starting it and then falling off after 1 second every time even when it was a straight path.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Peach a savage

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Luigi doesn't deserve this constant disrespect.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

His year is over.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The Luigi spend most of their lives as underground nymphs, only emerging after 13 or 17 years, most likely to reduce losses by satiating their predators.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

In Training posted:

His year is over.

It's just beginning.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Stupid question here, do these guys have a last name? Is it Mario?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Stupid question here, do these guys have a last name? Is it Mario?

Yeah, their last name is Mario. Mario's name is Mario Mario.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The live action Mario movie is definitely not canon

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

In Training posted:

The live action Mario movie is definitely not canon

http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-says-marios-full-name-is-mario-mario/

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Disturbing New Revelation from Shigeru Miyamoto regarding Mario

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wingeru Miyamownsto

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

quote:

But, just like Mickey Mouse doesn’t really have a last name, Mario is really just Mario and Luigi is really just Luigi.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

que fallo

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I was getting kind of disappointed with the difficulty that everyone talked about because it seemed really easy to over-level by just fighting everything you run across while doing normal stuff, but now I've unlocked the challenge arcade to fight past bosses, and this completely owns. The bosses are over-leveled and its good as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also skipped most random fights after a while

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Yeah that part didn't agree with my narrative so I didn't bring it up. :geno:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i fight everything and they dont respawn and the game gives you just barely enough to be on-par with the area boss that i still die to. but im also pretty bad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

except enemies that have some kind of take-no-damage gimick gently caress those

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah that part didn't agree with my narrative so I didn't bring it up. :geno:

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I fought paper petey piranha and i got my rear end loving handed to me lol. Consumed like half a dozen revival shrooms and a dozen healing items because his attacks are a bitch to dodge and he hits like a truck. Then came Wiggler fight that was actually a loving pushover in comparison

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I fought paper petey piranha and i got my rear end loving handed to me lol. Consumed like half a dozen revival shrooms and a dozen healing items because his attacks are a bitch to dodge and he hits like a truck. Then came Wiggler fight that was actually a loving pushover in comparison

I just got to the paper petey, and i guess i'm overleveled or something because he only ever got one turn, the rest of the time all his copies were knocked down by high damage bro attacks. i didnt even see his moveset besides the easy one where he runs at you

challenge arcade paper petey beats the poo poo out of me though

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

S-rank requirements for the arcade are really strict, I just managed to beat the first Petey with no damage and skipped his enraged phase completely, but still only A because i didn't Excellent one bros attack

edit: i did it. heck yes.

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 3, 2016

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i went a gamestop to buy this but i got confused by the layout of the store, since i haven't been in one in like 30 years. yes i'm 45, whatever. deal with it :rms1::rms:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i went a gamestop to buy this but i got confused by the layout of the store, since i haven't been in one in like 30 years. yes i'm 45, whatever. deal with it :rms1::rms:

This. just this. Shut up and take my Money Nitnedo, I'm trying to buy the latest paper Mario and you're making it hard as gently caress

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This. just this. Shut up and take my Money Nitnedo, I'm trying to buy the latest paper Mario and you're making it hard as gently caress

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i walked around the walls and there were a lot of used games ? including used 3ds's's. but i didn't see new games. in the center of the room were like headphones and stuff. not wanting to show my ignorance of the standard gamestop layout to the teenaged clerks, i quickly departed

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I saw a copy of Mario and Luigi Paper Jam at my local walmart today, check there.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i ordered a copy online for instore pickup at best buy so i solved that hole problem. well, the best buy was like in a mall and i drove around trying to find which parking structure to park in, and then i walked 15 minutes to get to bestbuy when i could have parked right by it. alas

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Steam spoiled me. I never buy physical games anymore. The last physical disk I bought was probably, idunno, rock band?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I buy physical copies of games I know I will want to play again in the future because at some point all of your legal digital copies will be revoked, it's just a fact of nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I want physical copies of games so if I break my console I still have a game library in 40 years

• Locked thread