Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Just announced he's not running. Good night, sweet oligarch; may flights of sodas sing thee to thy rest.

Yup, and you can thank Donald Trump and Ted Cruz for that decision:

Michael Bloomberg posted:

As the race stands now, with Republicans in charge of both Houses, there is a good chance that my candidacy could lead to the election of Donald Trump or Senator Ted Cruz. That is not a risk I can take in good conscience.

I have known Mr. Trump casually for many years, and we have always been on friendly terms. I even agreed to appear on “The Apprentice” -- twice. But he has run the most divisive and demagogic presidential campaign I can remember, preying on people’s prejudices and fears. Abraham Lincoln, the father of the Republican Party, appealed to our “better angels.” Trump appeals to our worst impulses.

Threatening to bar foreign Muslims from entering the country is a direct assault on two of the core values that gave rise to our nation: religious tolerance and the separation of church and state. Attacking and promising to deport millions of Mexicans, feigning ignorance of white supremacists, and threatening China and Japan with a trade war are all dangerously wrong, too. These moves would divide us at home and compromise our moral leadership around the world. The end result would be to embolden our enemies, threaten the security of our allies, and put our own men and women in uniform at greater risk.

Senator Cruz’s pandering on immigration may lack Trump’s rhetorical excess, but it is no less extreme. His refusal to oppose banning foreigners based on their religion may be less bombastic than Trump’s position, but it is no less divisive.

We cannot “make America great again” by turning our backs on the values that made us the world’s greatest nation in the first place. I love our country too much to play a role in electing a candidate who would weaken our unity and darken our future -- and so I will not enter the race for president of the United States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

etalian posted:

On related note Jeb! thinks Snyder is doing a great job handling the Flint water crisis

Would that be a heck of a job

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Michael Bloomberg's Election Map

:whitewater:

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Yes, when you drive through Georgia, the guts of 100,000 gnats pasting up your windshield in the raw, brutal heat, and you behold the rusted and dilapidated gas stations selling scratch-off lottery tickets to massively obese white men with more hair coming out of their ears than the tops of their heads, you can only say to yourself, "Ahhh, now this is Bloomberg country!"

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

lmfao at the prospect of vermont being undecided in any way out of that field, or that a consultant was paid by someone who presumably read this map

MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

Base Camp Blanket posted:

Yes, when you drive through Georgia, the guts of 100,000 gnats pasting up your windshield in the raw, brutal heat, and you behold the rusted and dilapidated gas stations selling scratch-off lottery tickets to massively obese white men with more hair coming out of their ears than the tops of their heads, you can only say to yourself, "Ahhh, now this is Bloomberg country!"

lol and can you even imagine how easy the smear campaign would be down there? 'He's the dude who banned soda'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
lol bloomturd was terrible and is a big part of why nyc's housing situation is loving awful

• Locked thread