Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Doctor Goat posted:

Did you know the Vita only runs at 444mhz max? I thought they'd have increased the power over the PSP more than that.

Pure clock rate hasn't really mattered as much for CPU speed since like.. I dunno, the Pentium D?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

There is some Vita homebrew now, but it is not great. I have high hopes for it.

Did you know the Vita only runs at 444mhz max? I thought they'd have increased the power over the PSP more than that.

ganbare, Vita-kun

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

Motto posted:

Man, some of you had mentioned it before, but that framerate is dire.

It's gotten better with the later Vita ports, where the game and system isn't screaming for the sweet release of death like in places with Totori Plus.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Whoa. That last thread.

Yare yare daze

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

I was enjoying Meruru Plus and thought I was doing alright but then my advisor came in and basically said I was boned and not going to win. I should..finish that run and see if I can NG+ win or something, but it was disheartening.

Your NG+ will carry over all of your equipped items, including the unique slots on Meruru, so it should make things a lot easier on the second run.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hadn't realized you were doing a ton of work trying to police the thread. I never got reports or anything from it. In the future, you (or anyone) can PM me about thread-related moderation issues. If a thread needs extra attention, I want to know.
For what it's worth: The moderating style of the past months indicated mods were completely happy with that kind of thing. Particularly because, when people came into the thread after a day of shitposting and pointed out that there had been nothing but shitposting, mods actively probated the people pointing that out, and entirely ignored 100% of the shitposting.

Atelier fps talk: It's never been good, but luckily they're the kind of game where it doesn't matter either, and they hold together well enough.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Thank you for the Vita thread 2000.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Takoluka posted:

Thank you for the Vita thread 2000.

Thanks for the support, as you can see I put a lot of effort into it.

Should I play Final Fantasy Tactics or try and actually get through Steins Gate?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
"saw X posts" were poo poo posts though. Kewpuh's big rule was not to be a creep and I know I saw occasional creep posts and didn't report them because "vita thread" and I doubt I was alone.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Thanks for the support, as you can see I put a lot of effort into it.

Should I play Final Fantasy Tactics or try and actually get through Steins Gate?

It's kind of crazy how long it takes for Steins Gate to get going but it's really good once it does

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

bloodychill posted:

"saw X posts" were poo poo posts though. Kewpuh's big rule was not to be a creep and I know I saw occasional creep posts and didn't report them because "vita thread" and I doubt I was alone.

Yeah honestly when you see every other post being anime stuff I can see how genuinely creepy/offensive things can slip through the cracks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can we please put a limit on DT posting about Senran Kagura because seriously it's kinda creepy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bloodychill posted:

I would rather people report posts for being bad or creepy than for not having punctuation or something. We might not act on every report, but we do look at them all, and they are useful. We want Games to be pretty rules-light, because it's been the opposite in the past in ways that were stifling to discussion. But we still want to know what's going on and where the forum needs more mod attention.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

Can we please put a limit on DT posting about Senran Kagura because seriously it's kinda creepy
idk dt's posts about senkags are usually pretty normal. 'hey this looks fun' 'hey new trailer for valkyrie drive.' tbh he's more normal about senkags than most people are about persona 4. he's never started an argument about which senkags he wants to gently caress or anything. it's generally other people who make it weird. like the delightfully creepy guy.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DT wasn't the Senran dude being a creep in the last thread.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Yeah, honestly, don't blame the guy who's actually posting about games he likes to play in a games thread. The thread got gassed for the horde of people trying to be funny and not giving a poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway quick shitposts and shots in the dark are fine and don't really hurt anybody but if people make weird posts you should just report them. it's one thing for the vita thread to have a lot of shitposts about sword art online or whatever, it's another for a dude to talk about how women are genetically inferior. peace.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah honestly if we were all more like DT we'd still be posting in the old thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Endorph posted:

anyway quick shitposts and shots in the dark are fine and don't really hurt anybody but if people make weird posts you should just report them. it's one thing for the vita thread to have a lot of shitposts about sword art online or whatever, it's another for a dude to talk about how women are genetically inferior. peace.
This is accurate.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ban talking about non-games

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Davincie posted:

I'm not going to do that.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

It would maybe be a good idea to at least make an effort to not turn the Vita thread into the second anime chat thread when there's already a perfectly good one in the anime forum.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Davincie posted:

So no mention of Telltale game, most indie games, and anything labeled story-rich?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It was just weird when the old thread would turn into anime chat megathread out of nowhere for like two pages

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Davincie posted:

We post about VNs all the time in this thread though..

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

It was just weird when the old thread would turn into anime chat megathread out of nowhere for like two pages
This is pretty normal for any long-running thread with a group of regular posters.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I guess i would get less of a weird feeling from him if he ever posted about literally anything else or in any way acknowledged that the sole appeal of these games are the teenaged girls with giant titties

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Help Im Alive posted:

It's almost as if most of the videogames released on sony platforms can resemble anime.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I found a collector's box of ToSC for the vita at an ebgames couple days ago. It's gone now.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I guess i would get less of a weird feeling from him if he ever posted about literally anything else or in any way acknowledged that the sole appeal of these games are the teenaged girls with giant titties

He really likes the gameplay, plot, and characters.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

InfinityComplex posted:

I found a collector's box of ToSC for the vita at an ebgames couple days ago. It's gone now.

Tales of Symphonia or Trails in the Sky?

Neither were released for the vita.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

d_t= okay I guess
Ran= not okay

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

senran kagura has better writing than persona 4 and, frankly, less weird fanservice

not to mention, what do you want him to do, append every post with 'btw this game is for hosed up perverts with broke dicks, i should be ashamed of myself for even being alive after having bought a senran kagura game'

its just a video game. he gets something out of it, so good for him.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Tales of Symphonia or Trails in the Sky?

Neither were released for the vita.

Probably meant ToCS.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Yes. Typo.

No I'm not going to edit it.

I'm just going to sit here having a fever dream of Odin Sphere until the remake it's released.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm seriously so hype about the OS remake. That demo was a huge help, and aside from Nep V2, I don't think I've ever ordered an LE faster.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So how is Stranger in Sword City? I don't usually like dungeon crawlers like that, but for some reason I liked Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters so anything's possible if it presents itself right.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I can say that 15 year old me would have seen Senran and thought "ninjas and silly stories and boobs, this is my poo poo" so other than occasionally ribbing, I'm not going to judge.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

So what are the quality tiddie games available on the Vita? Keep in mind I am a sophisticated gentleman and only sophisticated titties are acceptable for me. By the way I have already played Persona 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

littleorv posted:

So what are the quality tiddie games available on the Vita? Keep in mind I am a sophisticated gentleman and only sophisticated titties are acceptable for me. By the way I have already played Persona 4.

Senran Kagura

Dungeon Travellers 2