Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

InfinityComplex posted:

Yes. Typo.

No I'm not going to edit it.

I'm just going to sit here having a fever dream of Odin Sphere until the remake it's released.

It's okay, you're in the Vita thread. We make mistakes all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

littleorv posted:

So what are the quality tiddie games available on the Vita? Keep in mind I am a sophisticated gentleman and only sophisticated titties are acceptable for me. By the way I have already played Persona 4.

Virtue's Last Reward

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Play Tales of Hearts

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

Yes. Typo.

No I'm not going to edit it.

I'm disappointed there hasn't been an anime remake of Baldur's Gate 1 released for the Vita, now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rip old vita thread

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Midjack posted:

It's OK but I like the other Extreme VS games more.

To respond to the guy asking about Gundam Breaker 3 last thread: I suggest importing it. It combines anime, mecha, and plastic model building all in the same video game so you have a fourth-order niche going on with the appeal. As Policenaut says, if Extreme VS Force does really well they might, but Gundam games haven't done very well.

Yeah, i'm probably just going to import the PS4 version and the maybe see if they announce a localisation before getting the vita version. I own a digital copy of Breaker 2 for the vita(that I have installed on a PS TV) so I'm pretty stoked that 3 is only a couple of months away according to play-asia.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Huge victory by the Vita thread in France

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/01/23/law-against-sexist-video-games-rejected-in-france-proponent-blasts-quantic-dreams-kara-and-more/

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Midjack posted:

It's OK but I like the other Extreme VS games more.

Apparently it doesn't have any multiplayer? That's kind of a huge dealbreaker if true. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dont read those comments

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

dont read those comments

quote:

Tity all day everyday!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Crabtree posted:

So how is Stranger in Sword City? I don't usually like dungeon crawlers like that, but for some reason I liked Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters so anything's possible if it presents itself right.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters isn't a bad game though.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

TV Zombie posted:

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters isn't a bad game though.

I'm sure there are people who like it, but if you're looking for an actual tactics game, it's pretty disappointing.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Crabtree posted:

So how is Stranger in Sword City? I don't usually like dungeon crawlers like that, but for some reason I liked Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters so anything's possible if it presents itself right.

I really liked it. It's got more challenge than the other Experience games on Vita because of the permadeath system, the class changing is fun once you work it out and the interface is really good. People who don't like Experience's brand of dungeon crawlers usually do so because the dungeons themselves aren't as intricate as some others, and the combat system tends to be either "set it and forget it" attritional battles that you blow through instantly by skipping everything or boss battles where you have to pay attention without much inbetween, but I found blasting through enemies I'd fought a lot before to be fun. I can't see it convincing you if you aren't already in the mood for a first person grid-based dungeon crawler though.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Mithaldu posted:

I'm sure there are people who like it,

:)

quote:

but if you're looking for an actual tactics game, it's pretty disappointing.

:( Are the tactics not challenging or is the game just poorly constructed?

Hotline: Miami for $2 in the flash sale seems like a real steal.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

"Article writer defends Ubisoft's tepid bullshit, can eat a bag of dicks" is how I read that.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm so sorry Policenaut....

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is alundra a classic or only popular because its a zelda clone? i'm interested in it but i hear mixed things and only played like 10 mins of it in the 90s at my cousins house

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

TV Zombie posted:

:( Are the tactics not challenging or is the game just poorly constructed?

To my taste ghost hunters was too simple, and too rng-heavy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Real hurthling! posted:

is alundra a classic or only popular because its a zelda clone? i'm interested in it but i hear mixed things and only played like 10 mins of it in the 90s at my cousins house

More of a cult classic. It's a good game though.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

it had a real bleak story which stuck out for a lot of people and i think added to its longevity as a cult title

being a zeldaish game that was decent and had good puzzles probably helped too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bloodychill posted:

"Article writer defends Ubisoft's tepid bullshit, can eat a bag of dicks" is how I read that.
i mean not putting a girl in the multiplayer of that game was pretty lame but at the same time the 'they literally don't understand how to animate women' line people ran with was incorrect and dumb.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Endorph posted:

dont read those comments

quote:

There's a lot of good female protagonist in video games especially now days,Aya Brea(Parasite Eve) ,Regina (Dino Crisis),Sakura (Street fighter),Jun(Tekken),Ayame(Tenchu) and etc.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Hello again Vita thread. I'm glad it's back and I look forward to more Vita discussion.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Skeezy posted:

I look forward to more Vita discussion.

enjoy the next 7 pages and only the next 7 pages before everything worth talking about is discussed

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

MotU posted:

enjoy the next 7 pages and only the next 7 pages before everything worth talking about is discussed

I'll take what I can get.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Sad to see the first Vita Thread get gassed.

The Vita Thread is dead. Long love the Vita Thread!

Also got SAO RE:Hollow Fragment per the recommendations of this thread. It's okay. Lots of visual novel text, the lazy shoehorning of characters from later seasons, and static controls are a little offputting. Combat is alright though I'm still getting used to the party commands and skills. Character sprites look pretty drat good.

EDIT: lol @ my new avatar and title. gently caress you guys.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

can you be banned already

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The number of female videogame characters actually outnumbers male ones.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

voltcatfish posted:

I'm here to provide balance to the Force.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

*googles 'titties in video gaming'*

my god...he's right

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

voltcatfish posted:

Pretty sure he wasn't the prime reason for the last thread to poo poo itself, as much as you want to blame him.

As hollow as the vita lineup is, SK isn't the bloody reason for derails and empty shitposts, as much as some of you like to pretend it is.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

RanKizama posted:

EDIT: lol @ my new avatar and title. gently caress you guys.

Go gently caress yourself you goddamned creep.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

The Taint Reaper posted:

Lightning is better than Cloud too

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Anyway, I tried DT2 on a whim and it seems like the gameplay is pretty solid, if you're cool with the fanservice. I dunno if I could, but it's for sure a better game than I originally thought.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Schrodingers cat posted:

As hollow as the vita lineup is, SK isn't the bloody reason for derails and empty shitposts, as much as some of you like to pretend it is.

actually, it wasn't related to SK

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ruggington posted:

actually, it wasn't related to SK

I didn't realize it was you because of you avatar. You, Policenaut and Oblomov are probably the 3 best posters in the vita thread, I think O_o

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Finally I can breathe

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
So who else is excited for Cyber Sleuth?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

I don't have the time, and frankly, the drive to pay full price for jrpgs. P5 probably notwithstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

I would be if xcom 2 didn't come out 3 days after it and fire emblem two weeks after that

Schrodingers cat posted:

I didn't realize it was you because of you avatar. You, Policenaut and Oblomov are probably the 3 best posters in the vita thread, I think O_o

thank you, but I'm pretty bad