Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Schrodingers cat posted:

Pretty sure he wasn't the prime reason for the last thread to poo poo itself, as much as you want to blame him.
I tried on two separate posts to make peace and get things back on track. Alas, efforts were in vain.

Why the gently caress does Hollow Fragment let you customize your character and rename them only to make you Kirito again during the cutscenes and poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Cool avatar.

HF assumes you're Kirito at any "story" event.

For the rest you're like .... you.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm kirito IRL, AMA

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Ruggington posted:

I'm kirito IRL, AMA

Can I gently caress you?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Schrodingers cat posted:

Cool avatar.

HF assumes you're Kirito at any "story" event.

For the rest you're like .... you.
Does this continue in Lost Song? Because this poo poo is kind of annoying. I want this to be my anime tiddy harem adventure, not Kirito's. :argh:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Ruggington posted:

I'm kirito IRL, AMA

How are you so naive?

RanKizama posted:

Does this continue in Lost Song? Because this poo poo is kind of annoying. I want this to be my anime tiddy harem adventure, not Kirito's. :arghfist:

Unfortunately, it seems to be assumed you're Kirito no matter what, but I'm not playing a custom dude in LS so I can't tell for sure.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who has a good summary of how digimon games differ from pokemon games or specifically how the new one differs from the last gen of pokemon

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Schrodingers cat posted:

Unfortunately, it seems to be assumed you're Kirito no matter what, but I'm not playing a custom dude in LS so I can't tell for sure.
That's unfortunate. It makes you wonder why they even bothered with the character creation bit in the first place.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

epitasis posted:

who has a good summary of how digimon games differ from pokemon games or specifically how the new one differs from the last gen of pokemon

they're literally nothing alike except for the parts where there are monsters you raise

Hace posted:

Can I gently caress you?

marry me in game

Schrodingers cat posted:

How are you so naive?

my dual blade technique is powerful

*stabs a guy in a parking lot and announces to my video game wife that I beat the final boss*

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

in lost song you can put kirito on the bench and roll with all babes so

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Ruggington posted:

they're literally nothing alike except for the parts where there are monsters you raise

hmm do you also battle with the monsters. checkmate

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

epitasis posted:

in lost song you can put kirito on the bench and roll with all babes so
This helps.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ruggington posted:

my dual blade technique is powerful

*stabs a guy in a parking lot and announces to my video game wife that I beat the final boss*

This is slander against Kirito-kun and I won't stand for it. He didn't stab him, he just drove the guy's face into a car

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Policenaut posted:

Everyone who posts in this thread is bad. Also Gundam Extreme VS Force might be fun.

Wasn't there a lot of reviews from the Japanese release about how there were less features than the PSP one? I canceled my preorder of the HK release because of that and also the localization announcement.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

This is slander against Kirito-kun and I won't stand for it. He didn't stab him, he just drove the guy's face into a car

you might be right

I just remember laughing the hardest I've ever laughed in my life when he said he beat the final boss

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Super No Vacancy posted:

I haven't played one in years but from what I remember they skew slightly older so the basic gameplay is more complex. More like traditional RPGs, storylines, dungeons etc? but with monster teammates, also digimon can talk

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

hmm do you also battle with the monsters. checkmate

you changed your name but not your avatar?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well I gotta keep something or else I'd be throwing away all the brand recognition I've worked so hard to build

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wamdoodle posted:

Wasn't there a lot of reviews from the Japanese release about how there were less features than the PSP one? I canceled my preorder of the HK release because of that and also the localization announcement.

Yeah, the big complaints were that it lacked online and a bunch of the features from normal Vs games. It's more of a Musou game with Vs elements or at least that's the main advertised mode. I cancelled my HK pre order too when they announced the US PSN release, I'll go get a 64 GB for it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, the big complaints were that it lacked online and a bunch of the features from normal Vs games. It's more of a Musou game with Vs elements or at least that's the main advertised mode. I cancelled my HK pre order too when they announced the US PSN release, I'll go get a 64 GB for it.

Hmm. It's still on my radar but I'm not quite as enthusiastic about it as I was before :/ Eagerly awaiting your impressions then :)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

So who else is excited for Cyber Sleuth?

ME! :dance:

Although I'm playing it on PS4 for the time being. I'm still not done with Bhikkhuni so I can't use my regular account yet.

Anyways, have a neat interview with CyberSleuth's producer

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/01/interview_we_talk_everything_digital_with_the_producer_of_digimon_story_cyber_sleuth

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

please don't be weird again guys.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

please don't be weird again guys.

You're not my real dad!

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Thanks, that was neat! It's cool that they decided to focus this time on a game that would appeal to older folks, a lot of people overseas especially lost touch with the franchise so it's a nice opportunity to reconnect.

Also, you can tell it was originally developed for the vita, all right:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Should I train myself to give a gently caress about digimon

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Anyway, I tried DT2 on a whim and it seems like the gameplay is pretty solid, if you're cool with the fanservice. I dunno if I could, but it's for sure a better game than I originally thought.

It's good and I hope they release 2-2 or at least have an international English copy.

Kind of sad I'm running out of dungeon RPGs to play on Vita, about done with Demon Gaze and Stranger of Sword City or whatever is a couple months away. Where's Wizardry? Give Me Wizardry.

(I'm not playing Moe Chronicles, I've played some horrible fanservice games but let me pretend to have some dignity even though I own a Vita)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

noirstronaut posted:

As someone who really likes Digimon in general, probably not.

Before Cyber Sleuth, which I really hope is good, there is only like one game that I would call Not Bad and it's a card game (which was pretty good).

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Agumon is real, and my friend

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

rip

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

noirstronaut posted:

I hear CS is good, but the other games while they were fun at the time are probably too old to bother with. The only other recent one they've brought was some dud battler. If CS sells well though we might get the newest one too which is also looking good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

lol

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wow that last thread turned into a disaster real fast.

So question, does that trick for getting PSP and PSONE classic games that haven't been for vita still work or has Sony patched that to to stop people?

Obligatory (I guess) anime portion of post.

I rather liked Sword Art Online, cause I liked the concept behind it, soft-cyberpunk world people getting trapped in VR, it's why I loved .Hack and Summer Wars (for the soft Cyberpunk battle in an MMO space that that was all about. I also genuinely liked ReadMe by Neil Stephenson). I hated that it became like a Harem anime towards the end of that and Asuna got a raw deal the longer the first two parts went on. I haven't watched much of the Gun MMO season cause I wasn't around a lot when Adult Swim, or I guess it's back to being Toonami now, was playing it. But I'm a sucker for liking something just because of it's concept, like the Neptunia games. I played Rebirth 1 for a little bit on my PC thanks to :filez: and while not stunning I was sold super hard on the idea of a personified 90s console wars (and will probably pick them up for vita). But that's probably some latent nostalgila of my youth.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

noirstronaut posted:

Season 3 and only stuff with Rika and Renamon matter.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I didn't know you were about that life, treaps

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
I've seen lots of fluff about Cybersleuth, but what is the gameplay actually?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You get into 3-on-3 battles with your party of digimon. The battles are pretty standard RPG, nothing bad about them but no super unique systems. The appeal is that every digimon has like 7 separate evolutionary lines, some with weird requirements and some that completely change their skillset, so there's tons of room for experimenting with your party set-up, and every digimon has four stages (rookie > champion > ultimate > mega), so your 'mons are progressing at a pretty steady clip.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Mithaldu posted:

I've seen lots of fluff about Cybersleuth, but what is the gameplay actually?

Turn-based RPG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJZx96i1dNw

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Nice, that sounds like something worth getting excited about. I hope the tactical depth is actually matched by the challenge the game provides, and not just fluff.

The gameplay in Endorph's video actually looks like they used the persona engines.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

There were dark times when I was like 10 where you had to choose between Pokemon and Digimon (the main argument Digimon likers made was that it actually came first and Pokemon copied it which we all foolishly believed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i've hated digimon all my life b.c i swore allegiance to pokemon in like 96 or something