Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

OxMan posted:

RE: durability: My launch vita went through a full wash cycle.

I nearly fainted reading this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Killzone: Mercenary is probably the best looking game on this platform, technically speaking. Its also coincidently the last game Sony America made during the time they remotely gave a poo poo about Vita before offloading it to Third Party Production.

Hail Gio Corsi

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Waltzing Along posted:

Gotta say Uncharted: GA has some incredible graphics. Are these the best the system offers?

Liking the game, other than the shooting sections and the pointless plot. But the rest is okay.

I'll say Killzone is better graphically.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The game with the best graphics is remote play

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ruggington posted:

So you only like the part where you climb up things and look at them

I like rubbing things and doing puzzles, too. And looking for treasure and taking pictures.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Adding to this I don't know about the slim but the battery on the original model vita is loving insane. It'll live in standby until the heat death of the universe which is super cool when coupled with instant suspend/resume and the fact I tend to put it down and forget about it for weeks at a time.

I use to turn my Vita completely off every time, but ever since I found out first-hand how awesome the battery is in standby I haven't turned it off at all.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Uncharted/Tomb Raider without guns would be pretty chill fun games tbh.

Someone needs to make a randomly generated dungeon puzzle explorer type game with no combat and no lovely enemies to run away from.

You might like Knytt Underground on the PSN, and basically everything ever done by nifflas.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

The game with the best graphics is remote play

Ps4 quality graphics for sure

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Somewhat highly considered VN Root Double's kickstarter just added a Vita version. They are making it exclusive to people who pledge $225 and above, which is not so great.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

back that kickstarter so i can consider playing it but probably never end up playing it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Midjack posted:

Somewhat highly considered VN Root Double's kickstarter just added a Vita version. They are making it exclusive to people who pledge $225 and above, which is not so great.

I'm not remotely interested in this game but that's dumb as gently caress. They're basically going to make a port of a game but not sell it?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

I'm not remotely interested in this game but that's dumb as gently caress. They're basically going to make a port of a game but not sell it?

it probably means that the lower tiers get a digital copy for PC, while if you want a free Vita version you have to back at a higher tier.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i am willing to bet they'll sell the vita version after letting it be backer exclusive for a while.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Cake Attack posted:

i am willing to bet they'll sell the vita version after letting it be backer exclusive for a while.

yeah this

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I guess I don't know how good this game is supposed to be but I can't really imagine a $225 tier getting more than like 50 people pledging to it so it's would be kind of silly to keep it backer exclusive

How does making a Vita game backer exclusive even work? Wouldn't they need to get it on the PS store to give it to the backers in the first place (at which point you might as well just let everyone buy it)

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Tried the Dragon Quest Builders demo and I have to say, I love that you start the game in your tomb :laffo:

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Vita won't connect to psn. Stuck on "please wait"? It could connect before. What could be happening?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A fair warning: Neptunia VII is being let's played, so if you haven't finished the Re;Birth games, there may be some mild spoilers out there now.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
You too can get a copy of our game on vita for over the price of a borderlands 2 vita bundle.

Yeah, no way that's exclusive to that tier forever.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MotU posted:

it probably means that the lower tiers get a digital copy for PC, while if you want a free Vita version you have to back at a higher tier.

This is how I read it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rusty Kettle posted:

Vita won't connect to psn. Stuck on "please wait"? It could connect before. What could be happening?

Firmware up to date?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

This op sucks, what happened to policenaut's thread? Did anime kill it?

vita rulez

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Anthrovore posted:

vita rulez

Things were posted.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
kinda upset no one posted full nipples in the old thread.

anyway, is anyone here knowledgeable about vita hacks? i have 3.55 on my vita, but i want to stay there so i can forever use ark for legal things. will i just no longer be able to access psn? i can use my ps3 to send games etc.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Anthrovore posted:

vita rulez
It was a diversion from anime, actually.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Firmware up to date?

Yep. Updated this morning.

I reformatted the memory card, the system and started from scratch. The drat thing is still stuck in "please wait".

More info: I cannot see the store or the PlayStation network part of settings, but I can see my messages in messenger and the internet test says I connect to PSN. Dumb as poo poo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Try a reset from recovery mode?

quote:

If you have a problem with the PlayStation Vita and need to access Recovery Mode, you will need to do the following:

Ensure that the Vita console is turned off Press the PS button, Power button and Right Shoulder Button at the same time and hold for couple of seconds.You will now have a menu with the following options:

1) Restart the PS Vita System

2) Rebuild Database

3) Format Memory Card

4) Restore the PS Vita System

5) Update System Software

(Please note: you must use the PS Vita system's buttons to operate this menu).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Rusty Kettle posted:

I reformatted the memory card, the system and started from scratch. The drat thing is still stuck in "please wait".

More info: I cannot see the store or the PlayStation network part of settings, but I can see my messages in messenger and the internet test says I connect to PSN. Dumb as poo poo.

I had stuff in my DL queue for my PS3. Once I cleared the queue, I was able to connect on my Vita. Probably a coincidence.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rusty Kettle posted:

Yeah, it's a problem with the new firmware, but for less than 100% of users. Reboot the vita and you should get into the store, but you can get in only one time per reboot. Until they fix the store or the firmware you will have to reboot every time you want to use the store.

It sucks, mine is doing the same thing, I guess we just wait :shrug:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mithaldu posted:

You might like Knytt Underground on the PSN, and basically everything ever done by nifflas.

If you can get past Knytt Underground's astonishingly bad character art. gently caress.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Why is Knytt Underground rated M?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

This not-Minecraft is actually cute. The only thing I don't like is that the ocean is a bottomless pit, so no swimming to other islands/continents/something. Maybe if I build a makeshift bridge?

For the record, you can only craft items if you know the recipe, same with the building patterns, and you get them from NPCs.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

Why is Knytt Underground rated M?

for some reason the characters say gently caress a lot I think for no reason

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

for some reason the characters say gently caress a lot I think for no reason

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
gently caress. That game looks loving awesome. Oh, under 80 on loving metacritic. Well, that's a loving disappointment. gently caress gently caress.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah, it's a problem with the new firmware, but for less than 100% of users. Reboot the vita and you should get into the store, but you can get in only one time per reboot. Until they fix the store or the firmware you will have to reboot every time you want to use the store.

The restore from

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The restore from recovery fixed it, but only for a little while... I do have things in my online queue. I'll wipe that and see what happens.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Since the firmware update, my Vita battery seems to be draining much quicker.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

kinda upset no one posted full nipples in the old thread.

anyway, is anyone here knowledgeable about vita hacks? i have 3.55 on my vita, but i want to stay there so i can forever use ark for legal things. will i just no longer be able to access psn? i can use my ps3 to send games etc.

be the change you want to see in the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Wiping the queue and doing database restore do nothing. Just "please wait".

This firmware sucks.