Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
how did the vita thread die before the vita itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

is alundra a classic or only popular because its a zelda clone? i'm interested in it but i hear mixed things and only played like 10 mins of it in the 90s at my cousins house

it had a real bleak story which stuck out for a lot of people and i think added to its longevity as a cult title

being a zeldaish game that was decent and had good puzzles probably helped too

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Skeezy posted:

I look forward to more Vita discussion.

enjoy the next 7 pages and only the next 7 pages before everything worth talking about is discussed

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Anora posted:

My 3DS is going in for repairs, and I found out my local used game shop is selling Vitas for like $140. What do I need to know about the system before I jump in? like, are memory cards just SD cards, do I need PSN+, does the screen crack easy, battery life?

Main question though, If I wanted to spend roughly $20 on games, what would be some good choices? I would be fine with anything non-sport/racing, and would prefer stuff with extended single player modes that do not require Wi-fi.

I saw the Sly Cooper collection for $15 at a local Wal-mart, is that a good price or did they gently caress it up?

memory cards are specific sony vita ones. as for durability ive beaten the poo poo out of my vita and it is still unscratched and pristine but idk if that is the norm

i dont know about any vita games that are good that dont feature anime or anime babes so i cant help you there

you do have access to PSP games on the PSN which is pretty nice

PSN+ is nice for the free games and sales you can get with it but it isnt required

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Mithaldu posted:

It's also very useful because of the automatic save game backup you get with it.

did not know that was a thing, neat

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Anora posted:

I am not afraid of anime, any type of single player game is fine.

How expensive are the Mem cards?

Is there a place I can look through their eshop while not on a console?

for PSP games if you like strategy RPGs, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together is probably my favorite one of all time

persona 4: golden and trails of cold steel are both really good JRPGs

if you like dungeon crawlers, Operation Abyss, Demon Gaze and Dungeon Travelers 2 are all real good though the latter 2 are *really fukken anime* w/ things like gratuitous panty shots and all that jazz. I like Elminage Original as well, though that is a PSP game

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Adding to this I don't know about the slim but the battery on the original model vita is loving insane. It'll live in standby until the heat death of the universe which is super cool when coupled with instant suspend/resume and the fact I tend to put it down and forget about it for weeks at a time.

mine lasted a full 3 months I think, no fooling.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I'm not remotely interested in this game but that's dumb as gently caress. They're basically going to make a port of a game but not sell it?

it probably means that the lower tiers get a digital copy for PC, while if you want a free Vita version you have to back at a higher tier.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Cake Attack posted:

i am willing to bet they'll sell the vita version after letting it be backer exclusive for a while.

yeah this

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
more cute avs need to be existin in general

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Junpei Hyde posted:

My av is from one of my favourite animes.

wrestling is an anime and he is one of my favorite animes, perhaps even my spirit anime

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Mithaldu posted:

Personally agreeing with bloodychill, but not specifically about epitasis and more about the fact that this thread is off-topic at least half the time, and that's on good days. It would be nice to be able to click on the vita games thread and actually read about games i can play on the vita.

well there is your problem you are looking for things to play on the vita

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
short hair is better btw

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i only want to talk about anime w/r/t the anime ladies that show up on my vidgame handheld, the Vita, but general opinions leak out sometime, due to necessity + clarifications on opinions on previously mentioned vita animes

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Skeezy posted:

I found a 64GB memory card for $85 on eBay. Is that pretty much going to be the best around price for that size? I really hate having to pay that much for 64gb but I'm tired of juggling games on my 4gb card :/

i have a 32gb one and i play a ton of games and have not run out of space; only get a 64 if you really really think you'll need it

if you are coming from juggling a 4gb one you should be able to survive easily with a 32

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Skeezy posted:

So what's the usual decent price for a 32gb card then?

50-54$ish I think, I had gotten mine forever ago during a sale so I don't know what the exact price was. Amazon has one for 52$ + 5$ shipping here, but its up to you if you want the 64gb from ebay for like 30$ more, I just never had a need for that much space

edit: oof that has a super long ship date actually I just noticed and their Prime elegible one is like 68$ :<

MotU fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 3, 2016

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
it really is a shame that the best game on the vita for me is still the Tactics Ogre remake

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i like the stupid designs but the 'physics' behind them are laughable sometimes

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
does this mean i can finally marry nene in sw4:e for real

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
can you kiss the boats

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Junpei Hyde posted:

poo poo who am I paired with.

you know from your av + wwe threads that it has to be me

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MisterAlex posted:

Actually, it's a mom who wasn't happy to find out about the game. So I'm guessing it also comes with a free disapproving look.

maybe she is unhappy b/c there isnt enough titty in the game????

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Saint Freak posted:

I expect at least a page report about which titty ninja is the best by the weekend.

its the blonde one

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

there are several blonde ones

the one w/ the attitude problem and also big butt then

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
oh wait i guess Haruka has light brown hair technically? what the hell japan DONT gently caress w/ me its blonde

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Mithaldu posted:

The next Senran Kagura game will be designed by the PS Vita thread on SomethingAwful.

30 titty ninjas w/ crippling depression and no social skills. perfection

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Rise is the best girl to dump on valentines day

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

who the fuk would ever turn down glasses

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Saoshyant posted:

A videogame.

thats me on the lower left trying to figure out who's the best girl

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
anyone got recommended class changing paths in Stranger of Sword City? if I gotta future plan I dont wanna screw it up too much

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
lol if you play as a little girl instead of an Exquisite Titty-Haver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i was going to make a joke about the girl rubbing card game, but i forgot what it's called. i'm...i'm free.

monster monpiece