Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

The Colonel posted:

yeah iirc that stuff is just tied into healing, so you won't need to rub your face in any titties as long as you're a skilled player

So if I'm too good at games I actually will have to dumb myself down to motorboat some titties. Wow Thanks Obama-san

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not really big into the macho-super-manly-men-doing-manly-stuff thing so Upper really isn't for me but I hope it is a good game for the people who are.

Who isn't into macho manly men :(

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

VR is 100% going to be a trainwreck right or do I just have a poor understanding of the video game industry

Well products traditionally need to do something people either A) Need or B) Want so yes.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
30 years ago everyone told me if I sit too close to a screen I'd go blind, and now they want me to strap screens to my eyeballs? You can't fool me Big Optometry I'm onto your little game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Cold Steel: If I have everyone's slots open can I start selling the elemental typed sephiroths?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
"Vita hardware sales triple in Japan as Dragon Quest Builders hits stores"

Whoa up to 3 dozen sold you guys

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

True best girl, B. A. Baracas.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Nosferatu might be the for real dumbest boss I've ever fought in a jrpg and I have no regrets about just dumping 4 limit breaks into his big dumb face.

Also I've thought long and hard about this and here are my results
1) Towa
2) Vita
3) Sarah

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Endorph posted:

Nightmare is fine if you know to bring nightmare immune equipment. Unfortunately, the game doesn't tell you to do this, and you can't go back and buy some.

Yeah, but he can also freeze and petrify, and the ghosts he summons confuse and I think also sleep? And then there's the taking one person out of combat thing. That seems like too many status effects to actually accessorize towards. I dunno, I took a few fair runs at it before I just s-breaked all over the place.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Please tell me that the second Cold Steel game doesn't have fights that are mechanically like that final boss fight because holy poo poo that was dumb.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Megalixir posted:

Do you really want to know?

No tell me beautiful lies

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Ostentatious posted:

I know nothing about anime and jpop but my favorite persona 4 golden character is naoto hopefully my opinion on that isnt complete garbage

oh dear

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cake Attack posted:

if you people are going to do this poo poo again at least have the decency to argue about cold steel or something instead of the decade old game

Towa
Vita
Sara

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there really a character named Vita

Sometimes!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Takoluka posted:

I have Dragon Fin Soup. I'm already in the Shadow Realm.

So Dragon Fin Soup. I guess all the text in that game is just like one big file and when you talk to a dude it's like like 'print line 17' and then the next dude is like 'print line 18' etc. Except I somehow skipped a line so every character then said the next plot line instead of their own dialogue, even if it was another person's or like hours away story-wise or whatever from where I currently was. Until I got to a point where I guess the next person I talk to is supposed to make me put on a disguise or something mid-dialogue which obviously doesn't work because the wrong person is telling me that dialogue at the wrong point so it just hard crashes and there is no backup save or way for me to continue playing.

So if that happens to you force the app closed immediately or you're hosed forever.

I think it happened because I died after talking to a plot character and when it reloaded me it didn't set that text back so I talked to them again and it went haywire forever.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 12, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

boho posted:

You shouldn't be playing Dragon Fin Soup anyway.

Yeah also that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Both frames per second of Vita Isaac were good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

I got the platinum trophy, I think it runs fine (maybe it seems like garbage if you're used to the PC version or something idk but it always felt pretty smooth to me other than the super long load time when you boot up the game)

Any big rooms had super crazy slowdown. I actually managed to get it to basically completely freeze and just hitch forward every few seconds in the run below where I dared to have more than like 2 pets. That game barely ran on PC at times either though.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 12, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Policenaut posted:

Oh, that sounds good. PlayStationTrophies.org has a really good completion guide thst I used for the game but it kind of explained the campfire requirements awkwardly so I only got two out of like twelve potential scenes out of the picture. Apparently I can make a save at a certain point then just loop back once I've gotten a set of characters down and go for the knes I missed so with that and your help I think I'll take another trip to Trista right now! Thanks!

You should be good. I think if you have everyone at max link then the next run you should be able to get the bonfire requirements in one try for all of:
Towa (chapter 5)
Four from the list of Elliot, Laura, Machias, Emma, Jusis, Fie, Gaius, Sara (chapter 6)
One from the list of Alisa, Millium, Crow (chapter 6)
One of anyone from the bike event
Three of anyone from tickets

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Takoluka posted:

I wasn't sure what this was, so I looked.

I really have to check out The Division.

I will tell you there are upward of 4 entire features in SFV Alpha and none of them are a dinosaur.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Takoluka posted:

who is your favorite boat girl

That lady from JAG I guess

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Takoluka posted:

which one?

Bell

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Is there a tsundere ship with an eyepatch?

Obviously I know the answer already as there is always a tsundere with an eyepatch according to the Anime Treatise of '83

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ayukawa posted:

No eyepatch tsundere though. Have to pick one or other.

This is bullshit. Time to write yet another letter to all the upcoming presidential candidates asking for their stance on this.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh I'd love to ship all the Chie fans somewhere.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Okay finished my platinum on cold steel and I'm ready for the second game xseed tia.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Really Pants posted:

Sorry, I think they're waiting on my platinum and this thousand battles trophy is taking goddamn forever.

Floor 5 before the boss has a nice circle you can run around, and if you put the Megalith on Emma you can just sbreak every single fight.

Also the count in your notes counts like, battles you lost and ran from so you'll actually need to get that number over 1000 because the trophy is only wins.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 22, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

vkeios posted:

Lol if you didn't marry Fournival so you don't have to gently caress with the guards in gran soren

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Man lucky for you guys I have about 75,000 words typed up about the intricate plot of Senran Kagura : Bon Appetit!

edit: what the poo poo there's a character limit on posts

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Txn posted:

Posts can only hold a certain amount of boobs and I'm sure 75,000 is way beyond that limit.

I was led to believe anything would be possible once we were on The Cloud.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

In Training posted:

Is Trail of Cold Steel compatible with the TV? And do I need a separate memory card for the TV or can I just swap in my Vita one. I may pick one up for cheap for the hell of it now that it's officially dead.

I just swap in my vita one. I don't even turn poo poo off first and it yells at me for taking it out without turning off the power first and sometimes it moves my bubbles around but whatever.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

CrashCat posted:

"... and it’s another RPG that focuses entirely on pirates and its female characters’ breasts."

Does that combination actually happen a lot? :confused:

No, usually pirate games are about booty.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Maybe someone cut out vita game cases and tried to glue them to the back for on-the-fly storage.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Hey uh listen Chains maybe the middle of battle isn't the best place for high tea?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Idea Factory

Checks out

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

The white Vita is nice, I don't think I've ever seen that before

White vitas were with the rear end Creed Liberation bundle. I don't know if they ever sold them separately.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

MisterAlex posted:

What kind of game is this, and are those chicks about to kiss? Is that a JP-onry title? I don't read runes.

Despite what the vita thread may have you believe every time there's two women on screen they are not always about to make-out with each other.

I mean that's whats going to happen in this screenshot, but that's just a coincidence.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Make sure you take care of it now

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
There are like three skippable cutscenes in the game; the ones where you are travelling and it's showing a line on the map. But you need to play 100 hours anyways so whats the difference I guess. I had to leave my vita on for about 18 hours at the end to get platinum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Do you rat on the kid and tell her about the preorder swag he probably hid though?