Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Yeah but what I was getting at is that you can play stuff not on the Vita store by transfering the file from a PC or PS3 without hacking your Vita and it's perfectly legal. You just can't with Crisis Core because it never had a digital release.

Who cares hack the planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I have some kind of gorilla glass protector on mine and the touch controls seem fine? Honestly haven't tested sensitivity much without the protector

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Yuu Morisawa posted:

Yeah, I was very sad when my 16 GB card just broke one day for no reason and I lost EVERYTHING. :smith:

Oh for sure, if you're stuck on OEM cards for whatever reason use Content Manager to make backups thoroughly and often.

I use SD2Vita and it works perfectly though. Real embarrassment of riches. I have like 3-4 pages of apps installed at any time now.

Currently working through Walking Dead, switching to Hotshots Golf on the go (it's really good and I don't even like golf) and finishing up Gravity Rush (my fav, maybe one of my fav games ever) on cozy quiet evenings.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I know licensing blah blah but it's pretty funny that they're ostensibly worried about losing out on profits from too many people playing GTA ports on the Vita

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
On the subject of cases, can anyone recommend a decent hard shell for the 1000? I use these for now:

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Aluminum-Brushed-Protector-Generation-PCH-100x/dp/B0081FKLKK

But they're so brittle and cheap, the top connectors snap off almost as soon as I remove them from the package.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
There is a System Shock port on the Vita now which is pretty cool!

https://github.com/Interrupt/systemshock

Unfortunately it a) requires the game files from the Classic version on GoG b) uses the front touchpad to turn the character so it's nearly unplayable for me but still pretty cool!!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

mandatory lesbian posted:

Um, i do realize i was probably one of two people in the world who had a vita over a ps4 but disregard that

It me, I've always preferred handhelds

Remote Play is fuckin sweet though, even if it feels a little weird to play RDR2 on the Vita screen when a big hidef TV is in the next room

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I still use it for emulation, i'm playing the pc engine CD version of rondo of blood and it's perfect. really, anything 8 or 16 bit runs pretty much perfectly, plus psp / ps1 / a bunch of n64, it's just great. the oled has an almost crt-like effect on old games, it's just a great piece of hardware done dirty by the suits.

Yeah mine is primarily a Symphony of the Night machine (I have yet to find a better way to play SotN, the screen and sleep function are just perfect and the PSX version is my fav) but I dip into Soul Sacrifice Delta, Dynasty Warriors 8, the PSP Armored Cores, Dangan Ronpa, etc. here and there.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yeah I was struggling until I started aiming for Ill-Cursed Parts. Destroying them increases the rewards you get, so you want to do it anyway. My bread and butter is Explosive offerings because number go up!!!!

It's a real bummer the servers aren't up anymore. We probably could've gotten some goon action going.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
If you're willing to overclock, you can now play Hollow Knight on your Vita:

https://github.com/PatnosDD/Hollow-Knight-PsVita

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
This might sound harsh but in this day and age the OLED screen is the main reason to pick up a Vita. You're going to want an SD card with SD2Vita for storage anyway and I've never had a problem with the 1000 connector.

I haven't replaced the battery yet myself (I have two 1000s, presumably from 2013ish, and both still have OEM batteries and play fine, I recommend airplane mode) but I have some backups on hand and by all accounts it's not difficult to replace. Leagues easier than monsters like the iPod or Steam Deck at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Science_enthusiast posted:

As a bonus question are there any recommendable dungeon crawlers that arent full with creepy anime kitty girlies?

Damascus Gear
Darkest Dungeon
Digimon Cyber Sleuth