Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hi. I bought a vita to play danganronpa at work and also play Ridge Racer Type 4 at work, because the Switch so far lets me do neither of those things.

Other than Persona, if I'm into more modern/future-setting jrpg stuff than fantasy stuff like Dragon Quest or Ys, what are the cool options, especially for story-based stuff?

(also I haven't properly started persona, is P3P the best one to start with or are the PS1/PSP Persona 2 games alright? I heard Persona 1 is dated and kind of tonally different from the rest of the series so I'll probably save that as a completionism thing if that)

also are there things that are like anime titty games except for gay dudes. asking for a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sure. I'm guessing it's like a lot of jrpgs where the series order is kind of immaterial?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
speaking of titles with semicolons in it, how's Chaos;Child, I've heard really disparate opinions on it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ty, i'm going to get S;G elite for the switch so I'll backburner that until it's like, super on sale or something

also I liked the look of Bad Apple Wars but every review I've read says that it's badly written, is there anything good in that "teen edgy" aesthetic (for lack of a better term) that I generally dig

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Thuryl posted:

Do you specifically want otome games, or just any kind of VN that's heavy on the chuuni stuff? Because if it's the latter, that expands your options considerably.

Pretty much the latter would be fine

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

C.M. Kruger posted:

I'm thinking about finally picking up one of these since the system is getting sunset and I've always wanted one for FFT/Tactics Ogre/Front Mission/PSX stuff and so on, anything I should keep an eye out for when looking for a used Slim aside from obvious screen damage and so on?

You might want to see if you like the fat Vita better, it does have a somewhat better display and some people prefer the form factor.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IIRC PSTVs have shot up in price ever since people figured out that they were fantastic piracy boxes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waltzing Along posted:

Weren't they $20 at one point? I think that's what I paid (just so I could get a new PS3 controller.)

Yeah when Sony was dumping stock they were going for that cheap, I'm really mad I didn't get one at that point

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
how do you gently caress up this badly making solid state memory cards honestly

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Is the battery indicator being completely inaccurate a common problem? Mine seems to hold a charge OK but the battery indicator goes like 100% for 90 minutes, 75% for a half hour, then suddenly "your system is low on battery"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Deadguy2322 posted:

This talk is making me consider opening up mine ad seeing if I can revive it. My dog took a leak on it. It worked, but it stunk, so I tried to clean it to kill the smell, and it stopped working.

just out of curiosity, where was your vita located where something like this could have happened

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
for some reason my Vita has desperately slow wifi and remote play barely works, which is a shame. downloading games is really annoying too!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

huge atlus and sega fan, but atelier has always looked waheyhey too cute for me. I should get over it and dive in, probably.

Trails looks great though. Any weird platinum-esque action games? Locoroco-esque oddities?

also why did I just buy undertale again

IDK if it's really platinum-esque but you might want to give Gravity Rush a shot

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love my curvy Vita.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rated PG-34 posted:

Anyone have an issue with their psv1000 where it takes multiple in-and-outs to get it to start charging? Maybe it’s bc I use crappy 3rd party cables.

for whatever reason, having it be on when putting the cable in seems to reliably get it working, but that's just my PSV1000

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Um, i do realize i was probably one of two people in the world who had a vita over a ps4 but disregard that

It was the better console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You could finally turn the PSTV from a microconsole which could play PS1 games into one of the other ones that Amazon made that could mainly play Crossy Road