Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Endorph posted:

i barely have enough time to play good games that i paid 60 dollars for, why would i spend my time playing a bad game i paid ten dollars for

I'm not suggesting it for you. I'm suggesting it for people who want a new game for their Vita that's cheap and decent. It's not going to set the world on fire (obviously), but it's also not "a bad game"

The fact that you haven't played it (and thus can't confirm or deny if it's "bad") and are instead spending your time not playing your $60 games suggests that you have no real reason to weigh in here.

Good ol goonthink at work :v:

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Endorph posted:

i have played it

it's a very bad game

Cool

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Just noticed that the Vita tread gets way more posts than the Xbone thread.

That's it.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Beelerzebub posted:

Or play Jack Bros instead, since it's the best in the series.

Jack Bros is the best... good luck getting an English copy and a working VB tho.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Liver Disaster posted:

It's probably what's at the top of the 'recommended emulators' list, other probable goons have spent large periods of their empty lives testing these things so you don't have to.
The virtualboy emulator I played Jack Bros on used red/blue 3D glasses and it was really great, good roms are also a google search away play the sd gundam game too.

I'm lucky enough to have original hardware and carts, but I suppose that's a decent enough ay to play. I'd assume that an Oculus-customized emulator would be perfect and actually improve upon original hardware.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

LuiCypher posted:

I have to retrieve my VB from my dad's house. I haven't tested it in years so something is probably wrong, but the only thing broken on it that I know of is the stand because my older brother is an idiot.

The Warioland game on the VB was extremely good.

Edit: I remember really, really wanting a game.com back in the day. If I had one, I would've had a collection of some truly broke-brain bad consoles.

Because the displays are mechanical (spinning mirrors) and the LED arrays are held together wth glue, one or both of the eyes will likely have issues. If you're good at soldering and aren't afraid to crack open old electronics, you can likely get it back in working order.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Beelerzebub posted:

The VB used spinning mirrors?

Yup... its "display" is just a 224x1 LED array and a spinning mirror: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Boy_hardware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DpoQbZPjfc

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 11, 2017

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

TheCenturion posted:

Gunpei Yokoi has whispered that to his sake every night for the last twenty years, poor guy.

:holymoley: :rice:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Got the vita games, thankssssss

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

That voice acting :barf:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Any chance you'd send to the states if we could cover shipping?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Stanos posted:

Glad I got xcom in that humble bundle pack if it's that low quality, not gonna cry too much since I paid the minimum for it and mainly wanted to try civrev2 (which was also another game I was curious about but not enough at full price).

You're in for a rude awakening

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Pablo Gigante posted:

Having a second stick is a godsend for some games

It makes Portable Ops actually playable

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

gently caress no

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

There's a good Digital Foundry video on the subject

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Hey guys... my orange Japanese Vita 2000 (and memory card and 25~ games) got stolen and I’m trying to figure out which one of these numbers is the serial number. Thanks for any info in advance:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

So the sticker on the bottom of mine would have read 0x-27447230-9370292 ?

Just wanna make sure since I’m sure if it gets pawned they’ll include the whole number not just the unique numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Thanks... with this info plus the help of google image search it looks like the serial format is XXXXXXX-PCH200X. Now, hopefully whoever took it is dumb enough to pawn it.