Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Thank you for the Vita thread 2000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Tales of Symphonia or Trails in the Sky?

Neither were released for the vita.

Probably meant ToCS.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm seriously so hype about the OS remake. That demo was a huge help, and aside from Nep V2, I don't think I've ever ordered an LE faster.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

As part of the rebranding the Vita has been renamed the Mort

One hundred years, Nep and Morty.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Looks like someone grabbed the rights to Umihara Kawase, and it's coming back to Steam. Sounds like it's safe on PSN, though I wonder how they rights transfer might be handled.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I finally used the maximum level super attack on Bhikkhuni and I was pleasantly surprised at the way they animated those attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC64oku39I

Manpakumaru is freaking adorable :3:

D_T, I wish you talked about literally anything else, because I hate that your posts have become general white noise. I know you play video games. Play good video games, and join us in talks about video games.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Junpei Hyde posted:

DT's posts are honestly probably among the best posts in this thread.

He enthusiastically posts something about Takaki games almost exclusively and then vanishes. I think the only games he has ever *mentioned* outside of SK, VD, and Uppers are Life is Strange and Godzilla.

I wanna talk about cool games like Warriors stuff and other neat anime things, but he seemingly has no interest. He is my Moriarty now or some poo poo, I dunno. I just get so confused by him!!!!!!!

e: i think i'm the kate beaton nemesis comic

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

it is not possible to like video games

you of all people know this

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Endorph posted:

he likes senran kagura the most

Not anymore, he doesn't.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm not mad. I'm just... disappointed.

Also, Yukiko.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't really have the income to allow getting a lot of new games, so I just pick the ones that really catch my attention and play them in depth. :shrug:

That's fair.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I just want that jerk to work on Half-Minute Hero 3 instead of focusing so much on boobs.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

I am okay with him making Half-Minute Hero 3 with boobs. That's fine too. Just make it Half-Minute Hero 3.

There's already a mission in HMH2 where you have to destroy a goddess's clothes. You can be ridiculous, and that's super fun, but please, HMH is a good series, and I'm annoyed that he's ignoring it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I do not understand why.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

They did a Half-Minute Hero 1 pseudo-remake which is probably what you're thinking of.

I believe that's the one on Steam, right?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

^ it was a forum-wide bug, possibly caused by deadmau5 (probably not but why not)

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So, did we just hit peak vita thread?

We will never be stopped.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

If Daidouji is in Uppers I will definitely buy it, I'm not a huge Senran or action games fan but sukeban girls are great and should be in everything, & playable IMO

She will be $5.99 DLC and only playable in Free Mode.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

oh my god yes

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The gun is the new peripheral for the PS Move.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mithaldu posted:

Wait, what? They messed with account switching?

I think this may have been an unintentional side effect.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Nope, not interesting to me. Slow and characters look uninspired. Graphics are real pretty but eh.

Were you not fully advocating this game? What happened? Why do you do this?

e:

Schrodingers cat posted:

It does look very slow for an action beat em up or whatever that genre is. Rest looks pretty interesting though.

VVV: Guess what's missing from that franchise? :getin:

I think "speed" tends to be a little overvalued in some beat-em-ups, depending on the situation. It *looks* like everyone packs a heavy punch, which would make the slower nature make sense.

Also, right. I should've known.

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 1, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Baal posted:

If DT won't speak up then I will

One of the many Vita thread heroes. :salute: (I don't know if that's a smiley.)

Schrodingers cat posted:

You know, that's a good point - I mostly tend to play fast characters in games like BEU or Musou so I'm a bit biased. The game still looks pretty fun by all means in spite of the slower style.

I'm with you on that. I'm big into Musou and got plenty out of SK and Onechanbara. That said, I also really appreciate some Streets of Rage 2 and the crunch of Axel's flame fists.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Help Im Alive posted:

You can grope the women cheering you on for a power boost or w/e

If you get good enough, you can represent women's personal space AND beat up street dudes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I meant "respect", why the hell did i type "represent"

the vita thread makes me type bad

buy uppers

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Junpei Hyde posted:

I honestly find the disconnect to be hilarious.

It would be hilarious if that disconnect was generally self-aware, but they're playing it extra straight and expecting the audience to believe that the fanservice is tertiary to the plot and mechanics.

I like that I can pretty much ignore any semblance of that in the Versus series, if only because they didn't try to throw demonic booby monsters at me and focused more on how cute Yumi is.

e: They did try to make me feel like I should care about Katsuragi's parents, though, and I couldn't really roll my eyes harder.

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 2, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

All of them? All of them.

Next game, please.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

length doesn't matter

>________________>

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

class president also requires those big glasses

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I will continue to buy Nep Vita games.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Regy Rusty posted:

That doesn't sound fun to me

on the other hand, that's how you play disgaea games

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Help Im Alive posted:

Some people have a weird obsession with breaking RPGs so they're super easy and it seems like it would suck all the fun out of it

Breaking RPGs without just doing meaningless grind to over-level requires a lot of strategy and thought, and that's appealing to some people. It's not for everyone, though.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mithaldu posted:

And the Disgaea series is built to be only fun of you embrace that kind of puzzle solving, where the puzzle is not an explicit one, but the combination of all systems in the game.

Disgaea: Make Your Mage A Mini-God

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

bloodychill posted:

To be fair, FF5 and 6 are totally playable on the Vita. They just have noticeable lag when going into the menus and a handful of other important things.

On a similar note, I do not understand how the Classics version of Mega Man Legends lags on *only the Vita*.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anime adaptations almost always change a few things or leave out some details, so if you really like S;G, it's worth playing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

punk rebel ecks posted:

First off, love your avatar.

hi5 marie buddy :)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

punk rebel ecks posted:

gently caress. I've been waiting 17 years to play a sequel to Digimon World. :(

D_T beat me to it, but yeah, there's an English patch for the PSP Digimon World game, and depending on the popularity/sales of Cyber Sleuth, we could potentially see Next Order in the West.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/vita-hardware-sales-triple-in-japan-as-dragon-quest-builders-hits-stores/0162059

KILLER APP

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sony says the Vita network issue has been fixed and was unrelated to the update, and to contact them if the battery issue persists.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mithaldu posted:

Got a link to that?

Unfortunately, a Kotaku link: http://kotaku.com/sony-says-theyve-fixed-the-vitas-network-problem-1756875403

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, I had concerns about mine, especially since I've been using it exclusively for Remote Play since my 8GB card died. Even with heavy usage on that front, my Vita battery life may have actually *improved* since switching back from my JP account. I did get the firmware update while my Vita was connected to the JP side of PSN; I don't imagine that matters a lot, but I wonder if Japan is experiencing the same Vita issue, or if it's an NA/EU-exclusive problem?