Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

poreorder placed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

matt mercer was very cool as alvin in tales of xillia

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

That game's cast are a bunch of downers.
not really. everyone's having a pretty good time. milla thinks humans are cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khpt0TvgR3g

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

that's not how brains work

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jade is cool.
Anise is cool.
Guy is cool.
Asch is cool.
Natalia is cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

asch... is... cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Asch is 17-20. Luke is a clone of Asch. Luke is 17-20

Brains grow as you age, and 'Clone' implies a replica of all of that person's physical attributes, including their brain. Therefore Luke has the brain of a 17-20 year old, not a 7 year old. He has the same capacity for reasoning and empathy that anyone his age would have.

He only has 7 or so years of experience, but that's different from being literally 7 years old. If I fell on my head and got amnesia, I wouldn't suddenly have the reasoning ability of an infant, I'd just need to relearn things. I'd still be as capable of advanced thought as anyone my age.

You could say that Luke's lack of experience led to both his arrogance and led to him being easily manipulated by Van, and that's probably true, but that's very different from saying he's literally seven years old and the party was kicking around a child.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 30, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah. The party wants Luke to take responsibility for his actions. When he does, they accept it and allow him to work towards making things better. Which is kind of how things should be.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Forest Thief Pud posted:

It also doesn't help that one of the characters he does whine about could be replaced with a vending machine with a catchy jingle and you'd actually gain something from the experience.
:yikes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

does anyone recognize my av

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

it's the cute fate/stay character that i would kiss

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CADBQZ6S04

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Baal posted:

Yeah it's that character from that game that hasn't been localized yet
saber alter was in prism ilya and that got a dub

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

unlimited codes is the best training mode ever created

shame about the game though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykqjFeC74j0

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

that spinning has to be one of the dumbest ways to avoid copyright i've seen
i mean, it worked

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ruggington posted:

if i had an anime av it'd definitely be a bulbasaur

someone buy me a bulbasaur av

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my av is a cheap saber knockoff

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's still the only shooter worth a drat on the Vita.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you know what our punk clothing line needs to promote it

big anime titties

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Am I allowed to be a punk if I don't have giant boobs
no, apparently

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the punchline is that the artist is known for gambling manga

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

jesus can these people not spell or what
is this a goku joke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

because if so it might be the worst joke ever put onto the internet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

⌒゚(σ_σ)゚⌒

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he's right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

One way to do that is to take a character and come up with three quick ways to describe them. Take Ryōbi, for example: you could say, “Short fuse, foul mouth, violent streak,” and those are all obvious. But she’s not like that quite all the time, and so, when you’re analyzing the script, you can go one step further and ask, “When is she angry, and when is she not? What sorts of things piss her off the most? When is she the most calm? What sorts of circumstances might help her open up? What is it she wants, besides the raw thrill of being in control, and why does she want that so badly?” By answering those sorts of questions, a localizer can help present Ryōbi as a full, believable character, without losing what makes her Ryōbi in the first place.

he's right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Senran Kagura tries to have a serious plot but that is actually one of the things I find weirdest about it. Having characters angst about being abandoned and neglected or the tragic duty of their assassination or whatever contrasts so absurdly hardly with Gropes McBoobs or characters tearing each other's clothes off instead of fighting that it's honestly kind of insane. It also undercuts any possible drama in the game where a dramatic fight to the death between lifelong rivals devolves into them pulling each other's bras off while they go "kyaaaaa~n"
actually, it works really well, and is cool, and all the characters are good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bloodychill posted:

I'm sick of anime best girl chat and "what is epitasis watching on crunchy roll right now" soliloquies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ill take epistatis watching snafu over debates over whether or not persona 4 is anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont really get why epistatis going 'i like x anime' is so offensive to you

i can get thinking it's off-topic but idk why it'd actively annoy you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

Personally agreeing with bloodychill, but not specifically about epitasis and more about the fact that this thread is off-topic at least half the time, and that's on good days. It would be nice to be able to click on the vita games thread and actually read about games i can play on the vita.
then why does everyone shout down the one guy in this thread that's constantly talking about vita games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they have some songs that later games don't have but as games they're pretty much worse

so unless you have an all-consuming lust for miku, i wouldn't

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

what's the gameplay like in cyber sleuth? Is it like pokemon or what? I never played any Digimon games
it isn't really like pokemon at all, it's closer to a normal RPG. 3 mons out in battle, 6 in reserve, FFX style turn counter on the side and ability to swap mons mid-combat.

There's a lot of mons to experiment with and they all have different digivolution routes and there's 5-6 stages of digivolution, so things are changing at a pretty steady clip. Combat isn't super complex but there's enough there to make experimenting with party set-up fun.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I guess there's a ps4 version of cyber sleuth too? how's the vita performance, it looks like it was vita only in Japan so presumably it should be fine but maybe not?
vita performance is fine, there's a bit of fps dropping on the super big attacks but perhaps the same could be said of all vita games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also protip for cold steel: give laura force and as many attack increasing quartz as you can find, go into bosses with 200 cp on her, have rean motivate and have someone else cast forte, watch her oneshot bosses

my strategy for pretty much every boss fight was 'have laura drop an s-craft, if they're somehow still alive stall until she can get another one'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

That doesn't sound fun to me
it actually was very fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Some people have a weird obsession with breaking RPGs so they're super easy and it seems like it would suck all the fun out of it
i didnt know 'equipping all the +atk stuff on the girl who's only good at attacking' was breaking the game

for real tho i played on hard and had a good time and it didn't actually one shot every boss, i was exaggerating for comedic effect