Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Since Tetris Effect finally enabled remote play for Playstation consoles with the Connected update, I decided to dust off my Vita to try it and it's.. not bad, really. It totally playable, the Vita's d-pad is awesome for it and with a decent connection there's barely any noticeable lag. You won't do any of the super high-speed levels with it but for a short, chill game of Tetris it's perfectly fine.

The visuals do turn into porridge when the particle effects go nuts but you can tone those down. It has some of the typical remote play issues but hey, Tetris on the Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No, just PS4 unfortunately. I don't think PS5 remote play is in the cards.

E: So yeah, as stated above.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

My OG Vita's clock resets every time it runs totally out of juice but all my folders stay the same though. I'd love to put a better battery into it if it weren't costly or difficult.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

Would the FFVI PSX port work better or is that too technically hosed up in its own right?

Never, ever play the FFVI PSX port. Unless you like 30 second load times on a SNES game. It's beyond crap. I paid next to nothing for it and I still regret it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Gamespot Vita retrospective from someone who has never played a Vita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDms6kLw7s

Yeah this was cool. Even though it does essentially label the Vita as a P4G machine, but it's not really untrue.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Vita is also a PS1 and PS4 remote play machine though!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Lately I've been doing a second playthrough of Rogue Legacy on mine while watching Cheers and it's ace. That Vita D-pad is just the best in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Mine is still a Persona 4 Golden machine with the occasional Playstation classic and Minecraft thrown in but I take comfort in knowing that I can always replace the battery and crack the whole thing into a super-emulation machine and play Ocarina of Time on the go.

Sony not doing the last ditch thing and giving the Vita PS5 remote play capability was a crime. I guess they had Portal in the planning but what a slap in the face of Vita owners goddamn.

E: Like Sea of Stars could've been a native Vita game and would've been a perfect PS5 remote play game, but no.