Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Anora posted:

looking at that shop, how is Disgaea 4? I liked the first one, but I heard they get worse as time goes on.

3 was the only bad one, they didn't really get worse with time. So 4 is good, yeha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i am willing to bet they'll sell the vita version after letting it be backer exclusive for a while.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

any post that uses allears ironically is always the worst

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

would you rather we have the 72nd 'which persona 4 girl is best' debate

This is what's going to happen now I hope you realize

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Slur posted:

This is by far the most depressing thing I've seen in 2016.

I'm depressed I can't purchase this yet too

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Slur posted:

I don't know why the Asian guy is so insistent on grabbing my breasts either.

hello

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

He's right

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

bwaa scary avatar

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's from Love Live

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

does anyone recognize my av

it's saber alter eating a hamburger

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

kaiji's art is epic

zawa zawa

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's entirely possible zero and azure are the best games, because I've heard that from people who are generally pretty reasonable, but cold steel is great too

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It'll fit on a 4 if that's what you're asking

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

The box on amazon says it has 1 gb of internal storage which seems unspeakably and absurdly tiny. So obviously if I want to get digital games and things in the future I want to buy an actual memory card. For now however I just want to play the physical version of Cold Steel, so I'm wondering if a memory card is a requirement to even play it or if I can wait to get one when I actually get around to buying other games.

Oh I got my vita second hand, I didn't realize the 4GB memory card wasn't included at retail. Yeah 1GB should work for the physical copy

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

To be fair I'm not interested in what mediocre show epitasis is watching this week either

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what's the gameplay like in cyber sleuth? Is it like pokemon or what? I never played any Digimon games

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh cool that sounds pretty fun, I might buy it to have something to play until Fates

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I guess there's a ps4 version of cyber sleuth too? how's the vita performance, it looks like it was vita only in Japan so presumably it should be fine but maybe not?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

That doesn't sound fun to me

eh there's a pretty narrow time frame where that'll actually one-shot bosses. i did that against the final boss and it did like 50k of 200k+

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Some people have a weird obsession with breaking RPGs so they're super easy and it seems like it would suck all the fun out of it

lots of the time that is the fun?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

if you one-shot a boss before they move they get zero turns! that's the least number of turns there is!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yggdra Union is epic, gungnir is decent

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The psp Legend of Heroes games that Namco localized aren't good at all, there's the reap

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Didn't Namco completely gently caress up the numbering of the Gagharv trilogy Legend of Heroes games, where the last game in the trilogy was listed as the middle game or something?

there is a game that was the third LoH overall, and the first entry in the Gagharv trilogy of LoH games. How would you number this game?

If your answer was Legend of Heroes II, you might be qualified to work for Namco

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

if you people are going to do this poo poo again at least have the decency to argue about cold steel or something instead of the decade old game

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

There isn't really any distinction. Disgaea is your best bet, the vita really hasn't seen many srpgs

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'd say they earned up-ressed ps2 game this time

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I hope the vita version of ys8 runs well though since the game looks a fair bit nicer than CS and that game ran pretty bad at times. Maybe that was just poor optimization though

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Okabe is the best

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I really don't get having to explain or somehow rationalize Okabe's character in a "he gets better later" sort of way, his antics even in the early game were a major reason why I liked Steins;Gate in the first place. He's such a hammy goofball and it was really refreshing having a VN MC that wasn't just a blank slate "Heroic" sort of character. It does get even better when the serious poo poo hits the fan but I always found the early parts of the game incredibly entertaining as well, especially his interactions with Kurisu.

Finally, someone with some sense

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Really Pants posted:

I think if you want anyone to take the bait, you're going to have to pick a newer game

maybe see if Cold Steel does the trick

at that point it's not even baiting, it's just true

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's weird to put d_t tastes on trial

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Have they said anything about cold steel 3 lately? Other than that they're making it.

Not a word

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

999 is epic and reading an LP is no substitute

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Rianlee posted:

Finally bit the bullet and bought a PS TV. I'm looking to get:

Digimon : Cyber Sleuth
Atelier Ayesha
Atelier Esha and Logy
Trails of Cold Steel

What's the likelihood of one (or more) of these games going on sale soonish?

Sleuth and Cold Steel are pretty new so probably not them. The Ateliers are older but they don't go on sale super often either

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Combat is way faster, the story is still a slow burn although it's more obvious what it's building towards

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

drat... not mind zero. what a blow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

Should I get another Vita TV in case Vita TV prices go up?

I don't think this is going to make prices go anything but down