Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Getting in on the ground floor of this anime train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Annath posted:

Maybe I'm broken inside?

Video games are cool and fun tho.

These two statements are definitely linked, imo.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

In non-titty related news, Taiko no Tatsujin continues to be good and eases the wait for Project Diva X. Y'all should get it if you don't already have it.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

I care about hibari in the sense that yagyu should just kiss her already.

:yeah:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'd disagree. Let them be with each other instead of splitting them up and filling two other unfortunate people's homes with the sounds of squeaky Japanese voice acting.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Policenaut posted:

New Miku came out a few days ago in Japan. I'm waiting for PA to get some stock in for it (or stock for anything really because they still say the summer Isabelle amiibo isn't out BUT IT IS YOU FUCKERS WHERE IS ISABELLE)

Seriously. Getting kinda frustrated with waiting for miku since how did they not order enough stock to cover pre-orders? Isn't that basically the whole point of those?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

It seems like the way costumes work in the new Miku game is like mmo drops with duplicates which sounds really loving stupid but hey

Is there confirmation of this? I've gotten a couple "rare" modules, but during the first medley, I got the Miracle Paint module as it transitioned into that song so I'm not so sure.

EDIT: Looks like you're right. Just got a module that I think increases rare module drop rate.

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 30, 2016

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

After playing Project Diva X for the day, I have this to say: there's definitely some weird things I have problems with, like the removal of the "story" videos and replacing them with nothing but concert/dance videos, making it so module drops are random, and the fact that the song list is fairly short (24 songs with 6 medleys). That said on the last point, I personally didn't feel too bad about the short songlist on account of the fact that it's, in my opinion, a really strong list. Normally I'll play a handful of songs and be largely ambivalent about the majority of the others, but this time around I genuinely enjoy the majority of the songs in the game and the medleys are pretty well-put together.

Haven't quite beaten it yet, since I still have to do some of the new quests that popped up to unlock the last medley and, of course, grind for modules, but I could definitely see myself double-dipping on this for the PS4 once it gets localized.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Stelas posted:

Generally speaking I think that's because if you're following the notes you've got to hit them that more accurately. Alternatively, Diva games really punish being early, but are really lenient when you're late, so the challenge is making you hit notes just that little bit later.

Full hidden notes kind of suck and I don't think Diva's ever done them, if only because they can have 600+ notes in a song? Can't remember.

That would make sense. The Giga-p medley has around 912 notes on extreme and I would not want to memorize them all.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Stelas posted:

Important robots update: whoever made Urotander's stepchart on Extreme needs shooting. It might be the most obnoxious in any diva game yet, even including the finale superhard tracks. At least you could theoretically do them first time, whereas Urotander has some straight-up gotchas you need to learn.

e: this is not new news or anything but now that I'm trying to gold-clear everything, holy poo poo gently caress that stage

e2: also good items mean it's super easy to gold-clear the final remix track but at least I got that loving chance time

I recently played Urotander on extreme for the first time and couldn't stop laughing as I failed it. The whole song is about a sentai squad that'll do anything to win, so of course the notechart straight up cheats by stacking notes in the same spot, putting targets at the edge of the screen so you can't see the note coming, and having notes fly in at light speed.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

i want it in glorious ps4 hd

It'll probably be in colorful tone which comes out in a couple days.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

What time does the US PSN usually update? Wanna know when I can start downloading Zero Time Dilemma on my dead gay system.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Szurumbur posted:

It's hard to speak about it without hinting at spoilers, since it's a story based game, but I find the final twist lacking in comparison to the first game. Otherwise I think it's a good story, but at the time hampered by obviously not getting a sequel. Yet here we are.

The Zero Escape series strikes me as being totally about the journey, not the destination cause the twists on their own make absolutely no sense whatsoever. But the way in which you reach them are what make them enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Eric is a total fuckboi and won't stop yelling at a small child.