Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am making an actual thread for the Vita when I get home, this op is unacceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo, Uppers looks super rad aside from the dumb panty shots and poo poo like that.

Anyways, I finished Muramasa and overall the game was alright, but it suffers a lot from kind of overstaying its welcome. The combat is fun and fluid for a while, but you sort of get everything you need out of it very quickly and Momohime's side just has a lot of really bad or unfun boss fights. She as a character is also just not very interesting, she's just a waifish princess and Jinkuro is basically the actual character the story is centered around and even he never really receives a great amount of character. Kisuke's side is a lot better because he's just more proactive as a character and his side characters also just have more to them in general like Yuzuruha and Torahime. He's also just got better boss fights and it helps his last boss isn't some tired gimmick.

It's alright, but Odin Sphere Leifthraisir and Dragon's Crown are improvements on every front from what Muramasa wanted to do and I am looking forward to Leifthraisir a lot. I will probably buy the DLC because I liked the game well enough, but the requirements to get the extra endings required a lot of tedious and boring grinding.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm playing PE2 now as my Vita game and I forgot that this game is not fun

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is a lady being tortured and I need to go back for a monkey wrecnh, rip this lady

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

i'm pretty sure he's talking about parasite eve 2

i am

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finished up Dryfield and killed this stupid elephant fire breathing baby man by unloading grenades and poison into him

I don't really like this game at all and the monster designs are stupid and Kyle's turtleneck is stupid

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Playing PE2 on the rear touchpad sucks a lot, because I have to be mindful of where my fingers are since Aya will just start randomly shooting otherwise.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am planning to do that after I finish PE2

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agrias120 posted:

You can shoot a sword with a bow. Makes you think
I'll just play fate stay night, thanks

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna make some stuff for this thread's OP instead of another thread, how everyone's cool with that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon Curdistan posted:

:yeah:

I don't know why you'd remake the thread when you can just edit the OP. This thread is okay.

That's what I decided on when I realized I didn't care enough to make a thread but still wanted to put some stuff up for new Playstation Vita owners

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

What are some good upcoming games?

Necrodancer
God Eater 1 & 2
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Odin Sphere Leifthraisir

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dead to Rights

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

This would be cool if I didn't need a different memory card to play it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why is no one talking about Uppers and how loving fun it looks

Here let me post the trailer for you again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiok1mgT1YM

The loving dudes that made Kenka Bancho made an even cooler game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is a girl that is playable yeah, she's the one wearing the hoodie, idk about any beyond her.

Mithaldu posted:

I like his posts if only because he has literally no posts where he tries to drop a burn on someone, and has only posts that contain at least some new content about games. It is honestly something to aspire to.

DT has been talking about it. :)

He is the only one who seems to share my love for games where you fight in the streets and two people just beat the ever loving hell out of each other.

SpacePig posted:

I'll post more about Uppers when there's whispers of a Western release. I really want this game just to punch dudes, and I could do without the weird boob grabbing and stuff in this trailer.

Xseed will probably localize it and if you want to guarantee then bug the piss out of them on Twitter and Facebook.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

Is rubbing my character's face in some tiddies optional because I like how the game looks besides that

It is a gameplay mechanic, but you don't have to do it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love the entire game's premise is "Aw poo poo we gotta be cool, girls are watching!"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

I mean, it could be, but what else would takaki be teasing a cameo from? Especially since the game already has Senran Kagura references in it (t-shirt with with asuka on it)

Unless it's an ikki tousen cameo.

If it's Ikkitousen I will import the game from Japan

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still have not played Half-Minute Hero 2 because I did not feel like HMH needed a sequel nor did it look particularly interesting

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was fine with Luke being a petulant poo poo because it was something different and he would develop, but after he undergoes character development he just loses any bite he had and becomes really boring and flat and the rest of the cast in that game suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks except like Guy.

Also stop mistaking Matthew Mercer for Troy Baker, holy poo poo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Asch is like one of the most annoying non-mascot characters I've seen in a JRPG, for real

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

does anyone recognize my av

Yeah it's that character from that game that hasn't been localized yet

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh man Prism Ilya lemme tell how quick I'm getting on that one

Unlimited Codes was fun tho

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Marvelous and that game has more appeal to Americans that something like Senran Kagura so I fully expect Xseed to get their hands on it and bring it over

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Game looks awesome

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If DT won't speak up then I will

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The speed looks fine yeah. It helps that it seems you can close distance pretty quickly even with enemies you vault away so it looks good to me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

lets hang out posted:

best of luck to everyone buying the bad game just to spite Dark_Tzitzimine

Did you think people are buying the game because they think it looks cool

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Blazblue is good on the vita, if you have yet to blaze the blue then I recommend using your vita to do so if you do not fight game normally

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's actually very friendly especially if you're just doing story mode stuff which is braindead easy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I AM A SUPERSTAR!

Ruggington posted:

ok I ran into Daichi-sans-scarf in digimon you might have a point impatom

Ruggington how good is Cyber Sleuth and how bad are the JP voices

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How long until you get Impmon?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

Time to Imp Mon is still TBD and you need the launch DLC to get Beelzemon Blast Mode

God dammit, time to buy Cyber Sleuth

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's time, it's time. It's Big Bad Vita time!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Unlimited World Red is fun if you just do Coliseum Mode, so yeah five bucks is p good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Saoshyant posted:

It makes it look pretty drat sluggish and in turn loses my interest. Imagine playing an entire game where it feels like you are hitting things in slow motion. It cannot be satisfying.

I agree Bayonetta is a lovely game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
True, but I would still rather play it than a lot of beat em ups that hit the vita, because that handheld is devoid of anything resembling fun ones. It at least has some style to it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Digimon Cyber Sleuth effin owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CrashCat posted:

Hope you thought Pokemon wasn't grindy enough

Lol I have not had to grind in this game at all. I've got Digimon at champion level that I've just left sitting in the Digi Island and I just got to chapter 4. The game will definitely get grindy later on when I'm nearing the end and want certain Mega's, but grinding near end game for that poo poo will be fine.