Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Everyone buy Cyber Sleuth so I can play the sequel with the English voice acting it so rightfully deserves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Nayruto games get dubbed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

This is exactly what I meant thank you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

It's MH but faster paced and less flower collecting but it's still the same sort of thing so it depends if you're burned out on hunting games or not

It's also hunting games distilled down to virtually nothing but killing big monsters, so if you like the surrounding fluff of an actual MH it might get a bit dull.

Does Toukiden have cool looking bosses

Wamdoodle posted:

Because you're twice as terrible as the other Games posters....like Chie is twice as terrible as everyone else?

gently caress off troll

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

what you like is maybe not as good as you think!

GASP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You should actually read 999 because it's amazing and better than VLR

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More VNs is good, please localize FSN already tia

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thunder -> Thunder Guy I loving love it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Vita means life

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Delusibeta posted:

In importing news, it appears that Amazon.co.jp now ships games overseas. Requires a separate account and applies only to stuff that are sold by Amazon themselves, but they do accept foreign cards. Absolutely mega news for importers, since they're quick to discount stuff.

Thank god

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

i really liked the writing in fate/extra

shame about the combat but at least it was snappy?

I like the combat

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

zero the third has the best performance in the history of acting

Cindy Robinson is the saving grace of that game's dub

And JB Blanc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How much does a nice new vita cost anyways I've been meaning to replace my current one since it's old and the newer ones have nicer screens.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I also want it in time for ZTD so I can get the full scope of really poor looking 3D models and grimy graphics in full quality

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love that he calls K "Potassium", I just loving love Zero III

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't lie to me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SELL IT IN AMERICA

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tina & Ayane are in DOAX3, right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wtf

WTF

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How do you gently caress this up

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RanKizama posted:

They did character popularity polls. Tina was not very popular for some reason.

gently caress them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This entire page is pissing me off

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

The only western voice actor I can name + know what they sound like is Mark Hamill

You're actually the loving worst

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Not my fault dubs are trash for babies

How do you not know Clancy Brown, like that's not even a dub actor he's just great

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's just good english vas out there who don't even do japanese stuff that you hear in games and cartoons a lot like fuckin Tara Strong, you loving heathens.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The VLR dub fuckin sucks

Like Zero III and K are the standouts, everyone else is bad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh right Phi and Tenmyoji were good . The Japanese track is alright, but VLR's voice acting is not really a strong point of either track.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbh, I don't really care that much about what people like listening to but voice acting is cool and I like to talk about voice acting.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's a lot of nonprofessionals being pulled into voice acting, like people who did fandubs are being hired.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Saoshyant posted:

Probably those people have more experience than family members and/or random people grabbed out of the street.

I mean, this one is legendary in its badness:

Yeah, the Chaos Wars dub was done because they were forced to make a dub so they half-assed it bringing in family members and just didn't care cause they only wanted the english track on there.

Also I wasn't slamming fandub actors, Lucien Dodge and even one Retsupurae is familiar with, Kira Buckland, are genuinely good actors who gained experience through goofy poo poo on youtube and with the advent of stuff like abridged series there's more room for people to grow as actors. It's still weird to try and break into the business, but usually if someone catches an eye of your work you might actually have a chance. It's p cool to see it happen.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also just as an fyi, most voice actors have done stage acting at some point or another. Laura Bailey was a stage actor for quite a while, it's very rare you get someone whose only acting experience is voice acting, Steve Blum is one of the few people with no acting experience and is one of the most prolific voice actors in America now.

Davincie posted:

i don't understand this complaint. i have literally never missed something in my life because i was reading subtitles. its not like the 90% of the world that uses subtitles misses half the movie/game whatever

I don't disagree, but I read pretty fast compared to most people according to some friends I have so maybe most people are just bad?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nowadays yeah, with the internet becoming more prominent in the last 10 years it's absolutely bound to happen.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Help Im Alive posted:

Teddie becomes a party member after the strip club + Rise does the announcer stuff so you can pretend he doesn't exist

rise sucks too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm the one pointing the gun at Rise

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Your Lego Movie Game code got snagged already, just fyi.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Takoluka posted:

Shiki's localization is also really bad, because they made her speak French when her VA is speaking English, and it's jarring and weird.

Hmmm, wonder why they did that?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't disagree actually and that's a thing that Xseed did with Oneechanbara which I thought was cute, but I think you care too much about what language they choose to convey language difference.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I took French for two years in high school and retained enough to ask you to tell me where the charcuterie is

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes`

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Drunk Tomato posted:

Okay so I finally just beat Danganronpa 2 and I really liked it.

I heard Despair Girls is bad: true?

I already don't like the second game and Ultra Despair Girls still found ways to make me hate the games even more, which I consider an accomplishment