Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sure, ignore Virtua Tennis 4, Project Diva, and Virtual On at your expense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The_White_Crane posted:

Wait, you can get Virtual On on the vita? How?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssJk7nu3c-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvh1JCP22wc

It's anime as gently caress because it's the Vita (also, a crossover with some property I never heard of) but it's Virtual On!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Rinkles posted:

what is dead may never die

(the dimensions are actually pretty similar, if you ignore the extra height from the sticks and triggers)

And much like the Vita, it can't connect to a TV either.

That poo poo baffles me. One of the final Vita prototypes had an HDMI port. The goddamn Switch's whole gimmick is being able to switch between portable and console. Ugh.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I think it's a misunderstanding. They didn't bother with a Vita version since the PSP one was backwards compatible, and then they didn't release that one in the West.

Dang, the years haven't been kind to that game now that I think about it. I even liked it when I played the remaster in 2015 or 2016, but I just realized I'd never go back and play it again.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1265755904009482241

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

It is kind of amusing a console that was abandoned by its maker a year and half after its launch, before the PS4 even came out, is still getting official releases just as the PS5 is announced.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Akuma posted:

Why are you using SD2Vita on a VitaTV instead of USB?

Wouldn't it be better than taking a USB port that would be more useful for an arcade stick/whatever?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:rip:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The Vita store/license server has been offline (at least in the EU) for nearly 48h, so no downloads for anyone who needs them. Possibly a mistake, but even so, the writing's kind of on the wall.

Good bye, old friend. Sony did not respect you at all.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Marx Headroom posted:

What's the best Miku game on the Vita?

All of them!

But if only picking one, probably Diva F2.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Soul Sacrifice Delta, for heaven's sake.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

You guys, Near only failed to take the world by storm because of those pesky hackers trying to figure out how to make SD cards work with the Vita. Imagine a world where this Streetpass knockoff would still be around, and not shut down prematurely much like Gravity Rush 2's online services that didn't last even a year because that game didn't sell millions.

Imagine a world where PSN would be even more of a lovely, badly glued up mess of half assed programming pieces if the 2011 hack hadn't happened to force Sony to reinforce its security. Remember how it took them like 20 days to restore the service? loving lmao.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

there was probably a camera

Not probably. I remember a time I saw local kids playing Invizimals (Sony's Pokemon) with PSPs and cameras bolted in. It did some AR stuff for their battles or catches or both, I don't remember, but I remember being impressed by the tech, the fact I was seeing wild PSPs in 2010, and the fact a decade later loving mainline Pokemon still doesn't have anything like that other than Go's AR stuff.

edit: some images I found of the thing

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 20, 2021

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

And lol there was indeed a 1seg turner for the goddamn PSP. It truly was the Game Gear of its time

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Marx Headroom posted:

Who cares hack the planet

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Can you only use the store on the vita to search and buy games? I tried using the store website but it refuses to show anything before ps4.

Pretty much. You can only use the in-built store on the Vita or the PS3 to buy older system titles.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, what? I got excited for a stupid prank when it's not even April Fools yet? Bah.

And, like, this isn't even out of the left field. The Vita should in theory be able to run old Android versions with a CFW and someone bothering to port it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Playstation Mobile used a unique SDK to, in theory, let developers make and/or port games from other mobile platforms to the Vita. It barely had anything noteworthy (though I would never oppose to its preservation) and was quietly (and quickly) shutdown hard by Sony like they do to everything that isn't a blockbuster success.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

RadicalR posted:

2 more PSM games preserved.

Ice Crystal and Delta Strike : First Assault.

Nice! Glad this project is taking off. What's the current total?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That's... way more than I expected by now. Good job!

Is the stuff being stored on Archive.org or is that the plan later or what?