Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ruggington posted:

I'm surprised there isn't a vita version of transistor
Vita just doesn't have the spine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Can you make it so that the word titties can only be used 2 times per person per page + non vita anime chat is strictly forbidden
No, but I can. But I won't.

But I will start probating people who get creepy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's totally okay to start a new thread though. There's no "first thread stays" rule.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Thank you, everyone. All I wanted to do was talk about the Vita.
I hadn't realized you were doing a ton of work trying to police the thread. I never got reports or anything from it. In the future, you (or anyone) can PM me about thread-related moderation issues. If a thread needs extra attention, I want to know.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bloodychill posted:

"saw X posts" were poo poo posts though. Kewpuh's big rule was not to be a creep and I know I saw occasional creep posts and didn't report them because "vita thread" and I doubt I was alone.
I would rather people report posts for being bad or creepy than for not having punctuation or something. We might not act on every report, but we do look at them all, and they are useful. We want Games to be pretty rules-light, because it's been the opposite in the past in ways that were stifling to discussion. But we still want to know what's going on and where the forum needs more mod attention.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Endorph posted:

anyway quick shitposts and shots in the dark are fine and don't really hurt anybody but if people make weird posts you should just report them. it's one thing for the vita thread to have a lot of shitposts about sword art online or whatever, it's another for a dude to talk about how women are genetically inferior. peace.
This is accurate.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Davincie posted:

ban talking about non-games
I'm not going to do that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

It was just weird when the old thread would turn into anime chat megathread out of nowhere for like two pages
This is pretty normal for any long-running thread with a group of regular posters.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Does your work not know people say gently caress on here?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So are there just not games to talk about on the Vita, or are you all terrified to post in ADTRW?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't mind people having discussions that aren't totally on-topic all the time, but I shouldn't have to babysit this thread to keep it from turning into crew chat. So we've got a couple choices:

- I can gas this.

- I can rename this ANIME GAMES CHAT THREAD and move it to CCCC and let Ralp gas it.

- Y'all can post better, in the manner of posting less bad.

[in exasperated substitute teacher voice] Now won't that be fun? Can we do that for just a little while, huh guys?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh also for the next week this is an Unfair Probation Zone. It means I will probate people unfairly if I think they are posting bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

I still can't believe they kept that name for the English release.

It's just so... embarrassing.
Yeah, but they also kept everything else, so... what's worse, really?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

What's with those glasses
They have to be that size to stay on her face, because she doesn't have a nose.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Robot Amish Chinstrap Catgirl Go! Legends

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

What should I clean my Vita with? Do I use water? Windex?
Hey! This thread is NOT for discussion of adult games!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Agreed, only one game of each type should exist.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Forget it, it's Gamestown.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Congrats to the Vita thread, I didn't have to probate anyone during the Unfair Probation Period. Good job. Keep it up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is not a bad game, mindlessly beating up guys is kind of fun but it gets repetitive fast.
This is why Akane Tendo hates going to school.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

What's your favourite Vita game, FactsAreUseless?
I haven't played it and don't really know what's on it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

I got borderlands 2 with my Vita a couple of years ago and it was so bad I deleted it. Either they patched the poo poo out of it or the port isn't nearly as bad as I remember because I actually had a lot of fun with it this weekend. It's a little rough around the edges but it's cool to have something of that scale on handheld. Good god the controls take some getting used to and some gun types just feel useless with the Vita though.

Captain Flynt went from being a boss fight I hated when it came out on consoles, to one of the worst things I have done in a video game though. It took me like an hour and a half just to get him at the right angle so I could cheese him. I'm convinced he's impossible to solo fair and square at the point in the game where you run into him. What a lovely fight.
You have to either deliberately ignore the minions to use them for FFYL or else know that explosive damage is completely insane in the early game and equip accordingly.

BL2 isn't bad, exactly, but the balance is a mess and the game doesn't tell you about its mechanics well. I've played a lot of it but it can be a frustrating mess.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

El Hefe posted:

I'm sure someone will make an ngage 2.
That's a bit of a stretch, but it has a nice ring to it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CrashCat posted:

what is Dana so sad about
Nobody cared about Garth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just got a Vita. I have Persona 4 Golden and Lumines. I need some game recommendations. What are the can't-miss games? RPGs, puzzle, rhythm games especially.