Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh my god why is the Vita wifi so poo poo. A 3 GB patch taking almost 4 hours, why not? :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'll buy a Switch when it stops being almost as much as a PS4 Pro here. I hope my Vita memory cards will never die, though :japan:

Atomizer posted:

The dollar-sign comment was actually made under the assumption that you were American, because plenty of people here inexplicably make that mistake despite the fact that 100% of the purchases they've ever made in their lives have reflected the correct currency sign-amount order because retailers all do it correctly (the same goes for any sort of banking, investing, tax filing, etc.) It's just a pet peeve of some of us who see people make that mistake when there's really no reason for it. If you're German, that makes it especially confusing though because, as far as I know, you guys use the Euro, and the Euro symbol also goes to the left.... :confused:
Duden recommends currency signs go to the right in continuous text because that's how you read the text. Putting it before the number is optional if it helps readability of lists or when it's used in finance, eg. Other languages have similar rules or recommendations. English is special :colbert:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Would be adult enough?

Asking for an insecure friend.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
joylesscons

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Also it would be cool if Nintendo allowed me to backup my savegames (no I'm not paying for their online service) but I guess ~piracy~

Achmed Jones posted:

i remember it being really obnoxious to buy a video card in like 2017, and it seems much much worse now. the fact that they seem to cost as much as a console once you find one definitely helps keep me away from computer gaming
The "good ones" cost multiple consoles :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It only lets you backup savegames to cloud storage, which requires a (paid) Nintendo Switch Online membership.

I think the only stuff you can manually save to the SD card so it's user-accessible is screenshots etc.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
buy both a 1000 and a 2000