Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

TV Zombie posted:

What's wrong with Persona 2?

i'm pretty sure he's talking about parasite eve 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Butt Ghost posted:

Though Persona 2 is a bit of a slog to actually play nowadays.

it's a shame because i really love everything about it outside of the dungeon crawling, i just can't really get into the combat enough to have fun with it and you encounter enemies so drat frequently

still, maya is the best

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

TV Zombie posted:

Don't like the dungeon crawling.
Don't like the combat.
Complain about the amount of enemy encounters.

You love everything else...what's left?

the story, characters, atmosphere, music, tone, writing, art direction

all the parts i like in literally every persona game, basically

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my friend endorph is a cool person who likes many video games

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kharaa posted:

I wouldn't mind d_t if he talked about nearly anything else on occasion. He comes across like one of those militant vegans that just has to talk to you about his new kale cleanse diet except his veganism is tittyism and his kale is hometown.

all it looks like he ever does is talk about something he thinks is neat and posts a video to show it, he's not particularly obnoxious about it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

would you rather we have the 72nd 'which persona 4 girl is best' debate

It's me

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Baal posted:

Why is no one talking about Uppers and how loving fun it looks

Here let me post the trailer for you again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiok1mgT1YM

The loving dudes that made Kenka Bancho made an even cooler game

haha, this actually does look awesome

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
a variable titty girl

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Baal posted:

There is a girl that is playable yeah, she's the one wearing the hoodie, idk about any beyond her.

sweet, she looks cool and i will play as her when i play the game some day

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah iirc that stuff is just tied into healing, so you won't need to rub your face in any titties as long as you're a skilled player

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Saint Freak posted:

So if I'm too good at games I actually will have to dumb myself down to motorboat some titties. Wow Thanks Obama-san

The titties are here to help you, to make you stronger. Once your skills have exceeded a certain level, you will no longer have need of the titties. Their purpose will be fulfilled, for just a moment, and they will move on to help someone weaker than you, as they have done many times before

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

Turn your monitor on.

slur doesn't have to, his posts are right in front of him

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dryzen posted:

a fine slur post

Sadly, I'm afraid that I have no confidence in the chances of the sequel ever being translated.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you can get past the slow pacing in trails in the sky, you can probably get past slow pacing in a tales of game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tales of the abyss has a good cast

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Slur posted:

I'm not listening to your opinions anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Zu7_hdh38

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I do kind of think Tales of the Abyss' cast is kind of insufferable myself. At first it's just Luke who is the rear end in a top hat, but when character development happens and he's trying his best to be a better person, the rest of the cast turn insufferable because they keep making GBS threads on him over something that's partially their fault because they never told him the truth from the beginning and kept hiding it from him.

Like, sure by the end of the game they all trust each other but goddamn some of the stupidity and the complete inability for the party to take personal responsibility for what happens and constantly shifting the blame is just grating.

wait, how was what luke did partially their fault in any way

like it's been a while since i played the game and i haven't beaten it yet, but i played a good point past the end of the first act, and iirc what happened was entirely the fault of luke for being a selfish idiot who let himself be way too easily manipulated. and even then, guy took a bit of responsibility himself for letting luke grow up to become that kind of person. anything anybody could have done to counter it, i'm pretty sure they learned long after he'd already hosed up. and even if they did know, if they tried telling him beforehand, it wasn't something you could just easily drop on somebody, especially not someone as thick-headed as luke was.

and honestly, they don't even poo poo on luke for an incredibly long time. i think the one who continually shits on him the longest is anise, after a couple hours most of the party is cautious, but not outright hostile towards him.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper posted:

i don't recognize your av either :>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMpI_bc3LrI

it was directed by the same guy as ghost in the shell and it's good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

does anyone recognize my av

it's the cute fate/stay character that i would kiss

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i got a pm the other week saying my av was cute and asking me to set them up on a date with her

i guess that's supposed to be a burn on me, but ??

i think it was a confession of love

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Midjack posted:

cool let's anime this thread right into the ground too

lemme find my folder of cute muscle girls

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

you know what our punk clothing line needs to promote it

big anime titties

hell yes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

the punchline is that the artist is known for gambling manga

i still think strongest man kurosawa is his best, though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The White Dragon posted:

jesus can these people not spell or what

i don't get it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

is this a goku joke

if it is then i'm gonna smash somebody

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper posted:

is his artwork ever not poo poo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
uppers looks fun and when i buy it some day in the distant future i'm gonna play as the cute girl wearing a cat hoodie

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well, if it's twin tail day, i guess i really do have to finish trails in the sky sc

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can't comment on senran kagura writing cause i've never played the 3ds games but i think the character designs are cool and fun

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive posted:

When is it short hair day

sorry, but you made a wrong turn on the road to tomboy town, bucko

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
he's not an amazing artist, but he has a cool style and he's competent, if a bit ridiculous

his ridiculous designs are never in a position where they actually bother me, so i don't have any problems

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

sonic cleared

Unfair Probation Zone
Act 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU9BkHG7IZM

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Personally, I Prefer Xenogears

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Takoluka posted:

Come on, now. At least my lies are believable.

They're not lies.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Saoshyant posted:

It makes it look pretty drat sluggish and in turn loses my interest. Imagine playing an entire game where it feels like you are hitting things in slow motion. It cannot be satisfying.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

That's the real reason the Vita games are worse than the 3DS ones, because they introduce a bunch of characters no-one cares about.

i care

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Takoluka posted:

Does Trillion look good? I want to preorder it, but I feel like I should know better with IF/CH at this point (save for Nep).

i remember hearing that a lot of people who worked on it are old disgaea staff, but that's about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Anora posted:

How (and what) are the Neptunia games? I have basically no idea about what they are, yet there are like 10 out already. Are they actually good, or is it just a series that has survived based on Titties alone?

the mainline games are pure fluff with fluffy characters, fluffy gameplay, fluffy writing and pretty good character art. if the games don't seem like you'd have fun with them from the start, you probably won't

they're not really deserving of much of the poo poo people can tend to give them, but they're not particularly worthy of praise either