Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE
Hi,

I just picked up a Vita on the cheap on a whim, mostly to play P4 again on a few long journeys I have coming up.

Is there any suggestions for good games to put on my to do list.

Most lists online are mainly spelunky and other such indie games.

I am looking for the more meaty, niche stuff...

No pixel fetish metroidvanias please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE
Cheers for the suggestions.

I just picked up steins gate cheap...

I like the look of soul sacrifice a lot. I have a few questions: it looks a bit like its treading on dark souls toes a bit, which could be jarring! Thoughts?

2nd- is it good offline?

3rd- is there much difference with the delta version (aside from it being digital only). I can get a physical copy of the vanilla one pretty cheap too...

Any other ideas for actiony things (fighting games, beat m ups etc) that could be perpetual commute games? (Already planning to get binding of isaac)

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

waah posted:

The Tactics Ogre PSP remake is about as meaty as you can get for a game that regularly goes on sale for under $10.

Ah cheers. I actually have a psp copy- great game but my old psp's battery life didn't give me much chance. Look forward to booting it up once i have CFW up and running (should be a 3.70 hack coming in the next weeks) -

Would i be correct in saying that the cfw psx emulators (adrenaline and retroarch) both support save states? I hope so because that was 80 percent of the reason for my impulse purchase.

Is there any particularly interesting homebrew content- or is it all there just to thinly veil the game piracy?

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

In Training posted:

You can play Quake III Arena online against the 4 other people with hacked vitas who downloaded Q3A

Well that is dope/ a nice suprise!

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE
Just diving back in to the hacked vita experience after a few years not keeping up...

Is there a list somewhere of ports that are fully functional (no frequent crashing, not in progress/ demos)? Excited to check out san andreas and blood, and maybe even Fallout - though i cant imagine that is a good experience on such a tiny screen.

As a bonus question are there any recommendable dungeon crawlers that arent full with creepy anime titty girlies? I am looking to check out some of the games that came out towards the end of the console life - so far on my list to check out is just soul sacrifice. Is there anything else worth checking out? (Not a VN fan)