Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

What does buying them legally have to do with being able to use a pirated backup down the line? Because that’s the only use backups from the CDN will have at that point.

Exactly. This august you decide you want to check out a game on the PS3 or vita that you don’t already own, modding your system and pirating it is the only option especially on vita if the game didn’t come on a cartridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Josh Christ posted:

I didn't think the right analog stick worked on psp games?

As mentioned you bind the stick to the face buttons. It really helps with Katamari since it makes it play like the ps2/PS3 games

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Senator Drinksalot posted:

What doesn't make any sense is that they programmed a new store for the ps4 and ps5. Why not have one unified storefront?

Bullshit like this is why people deride downloadable games.

Don’t worry when the new u I died ps5/ps6 store comes out, the ps4 will have the same problem.

Sony just sucks at online stores, which is mindblowing given the resources they have at hand

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

95% of my playtime on my Xbone has been 360 and og Xbox games.

That’s for two reasons: 1) backwards compatibility rules and 2) the Xbone doesn’t have any good games that I don’t already have on PC or PS4

:colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Honestly this generation, like last generation, is best served with a Switch and a PC

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Anyone have OLED image retention issues? I'd don't play mine enough, but I've always been curious how bad it gets. I've never actually heard anyone complain about it.

I had it on my first vita. It only showed up on totally black screens, which sort of defeats the purpose of oled, but otherwise looked and worked fine

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I want someone to make a DTV tuner for the Vita or the switch now

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do you want a vita for vita/psp/ps1 games, emulation, or both? If it’s more on the emulation end, there are better options than the vita. If you want to play Vita, PSP and PS1 games, then a Vita is your best bet

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No ps2 games

HOWEVER. the modding scene has figured out how to port android apps to the vita, so PS2 games like the GTA games, Max Payne and (god willing) Bully are starting to show up.

So far they have been extremely good ports, and indistinguishable from a real vita game

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If it’s a psp game, it’ll work. You just have to :filez: it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The vita can run all psp games natively. If the game in question was only ever physical, then you need to :filez: a rip of it

The software called Adrenaline is what’s used to run PSP games and it basically just boots the Vita into PSP mode, but it’s not emulation, it’s the backwards compatibility layer

E:fb

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Itshappening.gif

https://twitter.com/Rinnegatamante/status/1386008658019069953?s=20

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Always hack your vita. Between the flaky cards from sony and the fact that sony seems to be just itching to kill the vita store, you’ll be glad you did

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The GTA trilogy (and bully) is something that should be ported to every single platform that comes out. Why they aren’t doing that I have no idea

They would make so much money

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there a backup of the last known versions on mega.nz or something at least?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If the reverse engineering projects are truly clean slate projects, then rockstar doesn’t have much ground to stand on.

The vita ports are just android ports, so those are coming down I’m sure

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can the Vita still remote play the PS5? Weirdly I've never seen this discussed

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gamespot Vita retrospective from someone who has never played a Vita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDms6kLw7s

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I really wish they continued remote play for the ps5

I don’t even have one but I’m sure I will some day and I’ll definitely still have my vita too

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Maybe someone will port the android remote play app to vita

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1608290662440660992?s=46&t=Zueeb96wVLhY9dKEbGAXEQ

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm waiting on an OLED vita to ship. The Vita is alive and well in our hearts

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

orcane posted:

buy both a 1000 and a 2000

This, but if not, then get a 1000, that screen is :kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is that with the android translation thing? Or decompilation ports? Because I thought those games were already working?