Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Vita won't connect to psn. Stuck on "please wait"? It could connect before. What could be happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Firmware up to date?

Yep. Updated this morning.

I reformatted the memory card, the system and started from scratch. The drat thing is still stuck in "please wait".

More info: I cannot see the store or the PlayStation network part of settings, but I can see my messages in messenger and the internet test says I connect to PSN. Dumb as poo poo.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah, it's a problem with the new firmware, but for less than 100% of users. Reboot the vita and you should get into the store, but you can get in only one time per reboot. Until they fix the store or the firmware you will have to reboot every time you want to use the store.

It sucks, mine is doing the same thing, I guess we just wait :shrug:

The restore from

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah, it's a problem with the new firmware, but for less than 100% of users. Reboot the vita and you should get into the store, but you can get in only one time per reboot. Until they fix the store or the firmware you will have to reboot every time you want to use the store.

It sucks, mine is doing the same thing, I guess we just wait :shrug:

The restore from recovery fixed it, but only for a little while... I do have things in my online queue. I'll wipe that and see what happens.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Wiping the queue and doing database restore do nothing. Just "please wait".

This firmware sucks.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Broken vita status: I can connect to the store about 25% of the time when I restore the database. But then I get timeout issues about 5 seconds after I try to look at my download history, meaning I can only look at the first twenty entries or so. Most of those are things I cannot download on a vita anyway. Why list poo poo you cannot download? It does no one any good.

Also the 'Download to my vita' button on the web store seems to do nothing.

Is anyone at Sony fixing this or are they just tossing the platform in the garbage?