Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
stop the gassing
This poll is closed.
mods knew 267 55.39%
goku 215 44.61%
Total: 343 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

drunkb posted:

I donated to doob. Then he posted a foot long hot dog in a 5 inch "made fresh" bun. I just watched after that.

So how would you rate the value of the transaction now that it's over(?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
When you think about it, it was really the Lowtax kickbacks that took Doob out.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Show's what you know.

Graduated from Weiner Technical

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Bonzo posted:

So he wants to open a concession stand type of place? Am I missing something? He just shut down a place selling hot dogs, burgers, fries, wings poo poo like that.

What the hell else do you sell at a concession stand?

Candy, popcorn, nachos. Things you don't have to actually cook or put any effort into. But if the popcorn machine or the cheese heater plum give out the ol Doob's gonna put the whole operation out to pasture and move on

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TOM HANKS posted:

Was the frogger saga the thing that ended old gbs?

Pretty much. It was immediately after he got funded that Old GBS went down the shitter (Halloween 2013)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TOOT BOOT posted:

I can't wait for the brutal and inevitable ownage doobie is about to hand down on goonkind

You're going to regret saying this when he opens fire on a planned parenthood

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
On a porch in Reform, Alabama.

"Wayne and Tasha keep talkin' about these frogs, or froggers, or somethin' and I'm gettin' worried."

"Frogger? I played the hell outta that one at Jack's Bar before that retard Arlo DuPree knocked it over onto the owner's son."

"No, idjit, not the game. Wayne's actin' kinda... Off-color. Him and Tasha both. Ravin' all the time about bein' harassed. Then 'e closes up that hot dog stand what he jus' open. Says business was good, but he's all closed up now. Jus' like that."

"Let me tell you a thing or two about Wayne Robinson. I went to school wit'im and he had all the brains and the work ethic of a horse. Well, maybe not the work ethic, but 'e had intuition, y'know? Like a tiger. He didn't give no hot cat poo poo about whether the odds were against 'im. I admired 'im fer it."

"Did you ever eat at his shack?"

"gently caress no. Do you think they're real, though?"

"What?"

"The froggers."

A croak in the distance. Both men sit in silence for what feels like a long time.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"Pastor John, can't you speak to him?"

Pastor John brought the car to a halt just out front of Wayne Robinson's home in Reform. With his usual methodical care, he pulled up on the emergency brake lever and turned off the engine. The words rang loudly in his head, for reasons he couldn't pinpoint. As the only pastor to graduate high school in Pickens County, John Marten was in high demand for his services. His calm, respectful demeanor had earned him many friends, few foes, and all the respect that comes with the position.

The passenger seat was occupied by Derek Valance, a slight young man of just 17, and aspiring youth pastor. Sensitive, bright and a little timid, but a man of Christ down to the littlest bone of his pinky toe. John knew that Derek would succeed him one day. Derek fidgeted a bit, his hands wringing the handles of a black leather bag in his lap.

"Pastor John," he said in the dull rumble of the engine dying. "I'm honored that ya brought me with ya t' see Mr. Robinson, but I must admit that somethin' feels ..." He simply trailed off. John blinked slowly into that Wednesday morning sunrise, pondering how to console the boy. He saw evil in every shadow, poor thing.

"Derek, when your parents came to me two years ago with concerns about yer ..." he waved his hand in a loose ellipse, "'preferences,' I took you under my wing to teach you the finer points of ministry, and look at ya now. Y've come a long way, but it's time to know that one of the hardest parts of bein' one of Christ's soldiers is that sometimes you gotta help people through some real difficult times."

Derek shook his head. "It's not that, I mean somethin' feels ... I dunno, weird." He glanced around the neighborhood suspiciously through the windows. "An' you havin' me bring then exorcism kit ain't exactly inspirin' confidence either." He lifted the leather bag, causing its contents to jingle within.

Pastor John opened the door to his car and began to step out. "I've had several people come to me talkin' about these things Wayne an' his wife been sayin' and I'm just errin' on the side o' caution. C'mon now."

A swift knock on the front door of the house brought no response. Pastor John tried to peer inside a window, but all of them had the curtains drawn. A second, harder knock and the door slowly opened. A young boy, one of Wayne's sons, stood before them silently, making healthy progress on a foot long hot dog with no bun. His hands and feet were stained with dirt, as though he hadn't bathed in days. The overpowering odor of fry oil wafted out from behind him with a hint of cat urine underneath. So far, nothing out of the ordinary.

"Well, howdy, little man. Where's yer papa?"

The boy stared up silently into John's eyes. He could hear Derek fidgeting with the bag behind him. The child simply turned on his heels and walked into the darkened house, leaving the door open.

John half turned to Derek. "I suppose we'll let ourselves in."

Not a single light on in the house. The fry oil stench invaded all senses, including sight -- there seemed to be a pungent smoke in the air. The only light came filtered from the edges of heavy curtains covering every window.

"Wayne?"

A muffled response came from the direction of the dining room. The pair stepped over discarded condiment bottles and other miscellany -- remnants of the dog shack's unsold inventory, no doubt. They stepped into the dining room and saw Wayne sitting at one end of the table, shrouded in near darkness in spite of the early hour. He wore an unearthly grin behind tented fingers.

"Pas-tor John! What brings ya by? Wait, wait, it doesn't even matter. I know why you're here."

John blinked in surprise and straightened himself, adopting his pastoral authority. "Well, I haven't seen you at church in over a month. Some of your neighbors have asked me t' stop by 'n make sure everything is on the up-and-up. And Wayne, I know it must be hard havin' to close up sh--"

"Pastor, please! Call me Doobie."

"Doobie. I know it must be hard for you havin' had to close up 'n all, but I want you to know you have the community's full support."

"Pastor," said Doobie, a manic gleam in his eye. "Tell me... Do ya like frog legs?"

Frog legs. Everyone who had spoken to him had mentioned something about frogs. He considered his words carefully. "I rather do, Doobie."

Doobie suddenly arched his head back and hooted loudly, laughing. "Great, because you're just in time for the feast!" Doobie grabbed the edge of a checkered tablecloth draped over something on the table and yanked it back with full force to reveal a massive party platter of deep fried frog legs. The platter was only about two thirds full, and the lack of grease on the clean part seemed to suggest that Doobie had either run out of frog legs or had simply stopped cooking them. Couldn't be sure. In the center of the plate was a tin container of thick red sauce that looked like ketchup.

"Dig in!"

Pastor John and Derek looked upon the frog legs and their incomplete circle gleaming in the dim light. Southern hospitality dictated that they should take a bite. Common sense dictated otherwise.

Doobie's eyes seemed to sparkle in the haze. "I said, 'dig in.' You two ain't ... 'Bad froggers,' are ya?"

Pastor John was quickly becoming worried. Derek was visibly shaking.

The boy can sense evil like no other, thought Pastor John. He's my canary, here. Maybe I should oblige...

Pastor John selected the best looking leg, a challenge in itself. He dipped it in the sauce, which did in fact turn out to be ketchup, stale and watery. The leg had the consistency of a tire.

Doobie's eyes wouldn't leave Derek, whose own eyes were focused on something behind Doobie. John followed Derek's gaze. Through the darkness, John could barely make out the details of what looked like a statuette of a man, solid coal black, standing erect with one hand in the air before him as if in a grotesque mockery of the Statue of Liberty. His extended hand held a strange baton of sorts. Looking at it, John could swear he heard the faintest whispers coming from every corner of the room.

"You like it?" Doobie inquired with a sly tone. "Found it under the shack when I was installin' the plumbing. Eat the fuckin' frog leg, kid." He pointed at Derek with a particularly ugly example of the newest venture in hot, cheap snacks.

Derek clutched the exorcism bag to his chest and began to take a step backward, lip quivering.

Doobie's already manic expression took a sudden wicked delight, a Jack Nicholson visage of murderous intent. He slammed hard on the table, sending frog legs flying. "We-HELL, lookie here!" He turned toward the darkness, toward the basement door. "Ta-SHAAA!! We got us a queer frogger in our midst! C'mon an' git'im!!"

Derek began to whimper while Pastor John reeled. Were the frog legs drugged? The whispering became deafeningly loud, overpowering every other sound and sense except for the violent banging and scratching on the basement door. Pastor John tried to yell, tried to run, but nothing in his body was under his power anymore. The basement door exploded open, unleashing a black mass of movement so fast that it was impossible in this darkness to comprehend what was being seen. In a matter of a few seconds, the creature darted onto the ceiling and grabbed onto a light fixture with all four limbs and arched its back downward.

In one motion its powerful jaws opened and slammed shut around poor Derek's head with a sound the combination of a grunt and a gorging rhino. The shockwave of enamel hitting enamel sent Pastor John to his knees. Derek's head severed cleanly off but for a single long string of sinew that the creature sucked into its mouth like the gooey end of a cheese stick.

Doobie jumped in the air, cheering, "Snap into a Slim Jim, am I right? Hahaha!!"

The creature descended slowly from the ceiling, hanging from a thick black glob of some sort and caught what remained of Derek, lowering him gently onto the ground. She began to feast.

Doobie came up behind the frozen pastor and helped him back to his feet. "Woo-ee son, she's gotten fast. Look, Pastor John, y'know very well that I can't let ya leave here alive after havin' seen this, so I'mma give ya a choice. I'd say Tasha's got a good, mmm," he paused, glancing over the carnage, "a good ten minutes before she finishes with the kid and gets hungry again. You can either wait it out, or you can turn to ol' Doob to see ya through."

Pastor John felt something cold and metal pushed in his hand. A sportsman and lifelong enthusiast, John knew it instantly - a firearm, a revolver. By sheer force of will, he was able to place the barrel just under his chin. Once he felt the cold ring pressed tightly into his jaw, tears streaming in agony, he exercised every bit of willpower he had to pull the trigger.

Click.

Pastor John opened his eyes. Doobie stood in front of him, chuckling softly, a hollow ring between the scarfing sounds behind him. Pastor John's eyes came into dim focus on the strange arcane statue, and it became clear to him that it held not a baton aloft to the heavens, but a footlong.

"See, now, the gun's on ol' Doob. But I'm afraid that if you want the full meal, yer gonna have ta... Upsize it." A plate materialized out of the darkness in Doobie's hand. The daily special. It was all there - a Coke in the bottle, a high pile of Doobie's bold fries, .50 worth of ice on the side and the piéce de resistance: a toasted bun acting as a bed for a single bullet.

Pastor John reached limply for the bullet, moving evermore out of his reach as Doobie pulled away.

"What do you want from me?" John's voice gargled over the creature sucking the marrow from Derek's thigh bone.

An apron had materialized on Doobie's sturdy frame. With that same manic Alabama grin...

"That'll be $9.95. Plus tax."

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

tomstuart posted:

not enough body horror for geiger not enough supernatural poo poo for lovecraft but its still pretty good

i imagine tasha as one of those bizzare dog mutant things that the supermutants have in fallout

I wrote it on my phone at two a.m.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

JazzFlight posted:

is this all original or a copy-paste?
cuz if ya wrote it, great drat job, it's like we just found the next stephen king bestseller

I wrote it but I picture Doobie being exactly the sort of person to stumble upon a hideous arcane artifact a la Lier X. Agerate from Earthbound

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If Doobie actually cooks frog legs I'm swearing off the internet forever

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

That Robot posted:

as someone who enjoys creative writing, i can say this was very good and you should be proud of this. this is something i would aspire to.

this is the kind of stuff that the old mods were killing; imaginative, well-written creative works about the alabama hot dog man

I almost never write but sometimes inspiration strikes at weird times. Also, I have been playing a whole lot of Bloodborne

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Holy wow

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's weird going back and reading the original thread knowing where it goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Melmac posted:

He never explained. Which makes it even more odd that he said "do your homework". No one can investigate any further than what he posts. :confused:

Someone supposedly did the homework and called the funeral home. They had no knowledge of a parking lot expansion

• Locked thread