Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
stop the gassing
This poll is closed.
mods knew 267 55.39%
goku 215 44.61%
Total: 343 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Drunk Nerds posted:

Also, several mods go temporarily insane trying to parse the situation, and GBS 1.0 is scrapped because the tightly regulated forum obviously didn't work if it could crap out something so unbelievably atrocious

lol so doobie helped kill GBS one point oh? that's one useful thing he's done lol

do we know if he's in the hot dog man kkk? if he joined that white pride group he's prolly not far off from that poo poo

godbless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Heath posted:

On a porch in Reform, Alabama.

"Wayne and Tasha keep talkin' about these frogs, or froggers, or somethin' and I'm gettin' worried."

"Frogger? I played the hell outta that one at Jack's Bar before that retard Arlo DuPree knocked it over onto the owner's son."

"No, idjit, not the game. Wayne's actin' kinda... Off-color. Him and Tasha both. Ravin' all the time about bein' harassed. Then 'e closes up that hot dog stand what he jus' open. Says business was good, but he's all closed up now. Jus' like that."

"Let me tell you a thing or two about Wayne Robinson. I went to school wit'im and he had all the brains and the work ethic of a horse. Well, maybe not the work ethic, but 'e had intuition, y'know? Like a tiger. He didn't give no hot cat poo poo about whether the odds were against 'im. I admired 'im fer it."

"Did you ever eat at his shack?"

"gently caress no. Do you think they're real, though?"

"What?"

"The froggers."

A croak in the distance. Both men sit in silence for what feels like a long time.

this is excellent work

more of this please

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Eonwe posted:

I just think Ralp closing the threads in the past was maybe ok

you'll never be the HEAD of a major corporation :smug:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Spanish Manlove posted:

It was good. Maybe even great.

you're no fun

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Spanish Manlove posted:

Nah, run the joke into the ground forever and ever and ever.

you're a regular user now, a plebian. we don't have to listen to you anymore, consul. :agesilaus:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

SaltLick posted:

gently caress doobie it's all about Doonie's Diner Fish "n" Chips

lol what country is that from

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

FuhrerHat posted:

im probably super late on this but:

holy hell the wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reform,_Alabama#History) for reform is the best ive ever seen
it has a legitimate citation, so until somebody from alabama figures out how to spell wikipedia, this true fact will remain there until the end of time:

HISTORY

In May 1968, a mule train, part of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference sponsored Poor People's Campaign, stopped for two days in Reform before heading to Tuscaloosa, Alabama on its way to Washington, DC.

whoever did this... im... wow... i am really impressed here wow

people keep loving with the page and screwing around with the line about doobie. i bet goons are responsible for most of the edits on the reform, al page

this guy inserted the line and deliberately entered it without the "d"

its great stuff

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Heath posted:

some loving cool :words:

as someone who enjoys creative writing, i can say this was very good and you should be proud of this. this is something i would aspire to.

this is the kind of stuff that the old mods were killing; imaginative, well-written creative works about the alabama hot dog man

e: on the wikipedia page, the line "According to local tradition, the community was so named after a preacher refused to return until the townspeople reformed their ways." is too good to be true

That Robot fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 27, 2016

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

tomstuart posted:

thats the greatest loving idea ever

lets make sume fuckwad from d&D the main man head hocho big cheese of the us of a

maybe even better

mayoer of reform AL

teach them reformers some reformation

get the ball rollin in the local economy

times are tough for sewer mans and hod dog mans tough even for the best of em

but if we turn reformers into transformers doobie will be incensed coz he'll think we're trying to turn the town trans

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Melmac posted:

It's a picture of a truck about to run over a frog and his text is "Coming To a Town Near You".
:ohdear:

in particular it is an old ad for the Apple II and Atari home computer versions of Frogger

null posted:

Doobie tweeting 4chan pics at goons is somehow strangely appropriate, I'm not sure how to put it into words. Alanis Morissette ironic? I don't know. He probably just searched for "bad frog" or something.

he probably thinks 4chan and GBS are the same thing

im pleasantly surprised that channers haven't caught wind of doobie yet. i guess he's our lolcow

Lord Binky posted:

hey I didn't buy it pal. This curse was forced on me

the curse of being a dick

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Rambling Robot posted:

not all froggers are goons, there are doobie threads elsewhere.

where

i want to believe :zoro:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

a grown man sits down, cracks his fingers, and grins as poo poo-eating-ly as possible before typing "frog rape" into google.

:getin:

https://twitter.com/DoobiesDogHouse/status/692923787944271873

That Robot fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 29, 2016

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord
hey doobie if you're reading this, does tasha unhinge her jaw before you have sex with her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord
if he's already talking about SA on twitter, he should finish the cycle and buy himself an account

thus the poop can finally touch us

• Locked thread