Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you want to win the Super Bowl
This poll is closed.
Manning 128 17.85%
Newton 384 53.56%
Meteor 83 11.58%
*snort* ahem, I won't be partaking in your SUPERB OWL, i will be watchin league and esports instead *snort* 122 17.02%
Total: 572 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/696390901585813504

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Thaddius the Large posted:

Weird, I remember it being terrible, different strokes for different folks I guess. I liked last year's well enough, but Coldplay smacks more of the Bruno Mars "we're trying to appeal to the soccer mom demographic" approach.

Bruno Mars was great tho.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I am soooooooooo excited

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Working till 11pm. Whatever, Football sucks and I doubt it will even be competetive and I didn't want to go to that party and :negative:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
In my heart of hearts I want Peyton to close out his last year with an underdog SB victory. But I'm a realist and it's going to be fun doing dabs with the only Panthers fan at the SB party.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Magicpants posted:

a prefect tuesday for the uberball caam newting gonna piss bulls to patton mannon but eli contraception tuckdowns many cj andersson panthos got team but brockers got players cause win not losing so ra ra fite nite 2K10 gah bless

now this is a man already in true SB spirit

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sharzak posted:

In my heart of hearts I want Peyton to close out his last year with an underdog SB victory. But I'm a realist and it's going to be fun doing dabs with the only Panthers fan at the SB party.

there's no better end to his career than getting poo poo stomped after getting carried to the super bowl.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Defense wins championships. Go broncos

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Thats a useless statistic

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Falcons throwing in free season tickets if you buy tickets to the sec championship.

Lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I visited a children's hospital to harvest souls for the Dark Lord so I think we have this in the bag.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Man, I want to watch because I think Peypey is going to lose, but I am afraid to watch because he might win.

:ohdear: What do I do, goons?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Magnetic North posted:

Man, I want to watch because I think Peypey is going to lose, but I am afraid to watch because he might win.

Kill yourself

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Watch the first half

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Falcons throwing in free season tickets if you buy tickets to the sec championship.

Lol

That's a helluva deal

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
So does anyone have that short-story that someone in TFF made in 2010 about an Alabama player having sex with Cam Newton? I remember it had a line like "He said 'Bear down' and boy, her sure did!"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Rooting for the nacho bar that awaits tonight. Go Velveeta!

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I'm still sad that Rod Smart aka HE HATE ME didn't get his ring in 2003, thus vindicating the existence of the XFL, but a Panthers win this year will be almost as great.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Golbez posted:

I'm still sad that Rod Smart aka HE HATE ME didn't get his ring in 2003, thus vindicating the existence of the XFL, but a Panthers win this year will be almost as great.

Wasn't Tommy Maddox on the first big Ben sb team?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Silly Burrito posted:

Rooting for the nacho bar that awaits tonight. Go Velveeta!

that's gross bro

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

shiksa posted:

Wasn't Tommy Maddox on the first big Ben sb team?

Yes

:argh:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Magnetic North posted:

No, there is no "might."

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Noctone posted:

that's gross bro

There is no bad Super Bowl food. Enjoy it all.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

Marshawn isn't a hall of famer, Seahawks fans

He's got something going for his HoF case that Junior Seau didn't: a pulse.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I don't even care about the Panthers (Cam Newton is cool and good) but please God let the joyless motherfucker that is on the other team have one more reason for the dour expression he wears constantly. I'm talking a Seahawks level of crushing here, a completely boring Bowl for every person who isn't personally invested in the complete humiliation of one Peyton Manning.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Chichevache posted:

He's got something going for his HoF case that Junior Seau didn't: a pulse.

also a bitchin nickname and one of the most memorable plays of the last decade

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

They should put Jerome Simpson in the hall of fame for that time he flipped over a guy to score a touchdown

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

They should put Jerome Simpson in the hall of fame for that time he flipped over a guy to score a touchdown

I mean you have to at least be somewhat good at football to get into the hall

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol

antiga
Jan 16, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

there's no better end to his career than getting poo poo stomped after getting carried to the super bowl.

This is the correct answer

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Rabid Snake posted:

Defense wins championships. Go broncos

Good thing the Panthers have a top 5 D too!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"Look at this place 50 miles away"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

ayn rand hand job posted:

"Look at this place 50 miles away"

SF is way further from Santa Clara than Rutherford was from Times Square right?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Ugh, I want to watch this, but I live in europe and can't stay awake until 4:30 am and go to work, gently caress my life.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Call in sick, there is no way they'll suspect you were watching the Super Bowl as Europeans are genetically unable to enjoy football. Also, you might want to ask your mom about your real dad.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

abraham linksys posted:

It's ~8 miles between the Meadowlands and Manhattan. It's over 40 between SF and Santa Clara.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Angry Lobster posted:

Ugh, I want to watch this, but I live in europe and can't stay awake until 4:30 am and go to work, gently caress my life.

Did it last year, was not as bad as you might think. Though if your job requires operating heavy machinery it might not be a risk you want to take. Unless you hate your coworkers. In that case god speed!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

times square to metlife is 8.8 miles away

the other is 43.4 miles

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Metapod posted:

That's a helluva deal

Yeah, the SEC Championship tends to be a great game even if the result is usually Bama.

And some Falcons games too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
All the Super Bowl festivities were 30 miles closer to the Oakland Coliseum than they were to Levis.

• Locked thread