Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Kimsemus posted:

Hey Dear Leader Eonwe mittens wants you to join goons in the old thread, but I assume he means H1Z1 goonswarm, since you know thats what he gets bribed to get goons to play.

Since Smedley is gone, does mittens even care about H1Z1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

I have no idea what any of this says, I apologise.

Lilith5 was a super angry, petty dude who was in EVE Goons for a bit then he got trolled out because people gave him negative reputation on the EVE Goon forum. Then he joined a group called Waffles, that is affiliate with my group, and continued his petty and angry ways until getting trolled out of there because people made fun of his dumb poo poo. He then joined another group affiliated with my group called Pandemic Horde, a chill new player group, and he again was petty and angry all the time. He then raged quit it when people stopped listening to him or joining him for PVP stuff, as well as a failed attempt to join my group Pandemic Legion. He then went to a group called The OSS which has some SA Goons in it, and he ended up being trolled out because again he's petty, angry, and all kinds of bad.

Anyway the logs are him trying to be clever and get one over on JEFFRAIDER, a guy in Pandemic Legion and host of an EVE podcast.

What I'm saying is It's funny if you know who Lilith5 is because he perpetually falls flat on his face while trying to talk himself up.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 26, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Uziduke posted:

Since Smedley is gone, does mittens even care about H1Z1?

Probably, I mean mittens runs a multi-dollar media empire

That has definitely benefited from their relationship.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 26, 2016

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I wish they invaded Planetside. That would have been more fun.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oodles posted:

Heh...

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

You brighten my day every time you bring a lilith5 tidbit in here, Tallardar

my own personal spiteful ray of sunshine :sun:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

You brighten my day every time you bring a lilith5 tidbit in here, Tallardar

my own personal spiteful ray of sunshine :sun:

:glomp:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

lets touch butts

Txxt
Dec 11, 2004

could they really shovel more poo poo onto a single page

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
remember when they got some random euro guy who had ~won awards~ to do the redesign

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

remember when they got some random euro guy who had ~won awards~ to do the redesign

If TMDC has taught me anything, it's that you should always get goons to make your poo poo and not pay for experts

works cited:

the kickstarter
the redesign

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

quote experts endquote

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

speaking of non sequiteurs

I got a gear VR last night. It's pretty cool and makes me want a Rift that much more. Gunjack is fun, but probably not worth $12. It's cool to shoot a Daredevil though.

Downsides: I only have a Galaxy s6 so there's some major screen door effect going on. The phone overheats occasionally, but apparently there's a way to fix that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

lets touch butts

OK.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Oodles posted:

nah i had a blast using cheats to snipe imperium pubbies and listen to the rage/confusion on comms

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i enjoy the fieryred articles about space. there was one about a meteor shower i otherwise would have missed (on tmdc)

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

wow, what an anti-goon statement. this layout was focus tested with groups and was up to web 4.0 standards. the layout is perfect and will never change RIP Vile Rat.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Late to the party, but orcs actually have a highly developed culture, a fact Tolkien conceals in the text by only displaying orcs acting like warlike barbarians in an attempt to dehumanize them, as the Lord of the Rings was a racist, counterrevolutionary screed against industrialization, black people and the destruction of the 'pastoral English countryside'. Peter Jackson, who is basically Tolkien's version of Leni Riefenstahl, got a little sloppy and let the "menu" reference slip through - but that's all we need to allow us to see past the propaganda and view orcs as a sensitive, artistic people who want to overthrow the elves who have been abusing them for millenia and use their engineering talents to build steam engines, running water, toilets and other modern conveniences required to open a really good orc bistro in Mordor that serves only the finest artisanal cave-grown dwarf heads.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kesper North posted:

Late to the party, but orcs actually have a highly developed culture, a fact Tolkien conceals in the text by only displaying orcs acting like warlike barbarians in an attempt to dehumanize them, as the Lord of the Rings was a racist, counterrevolutionary screed against industrialization, black people and the destruction of the 'pastoral English countryside'. Peter Jackson, who is basically Tolkien's version of Leni Riefenstahl, got a little sloppy and let the "menu" reference slip through - but that's all we need to allow us to see past the propaganda and view orcs as a sensitive, artistic people who want to overthrow the elves who have been abusing them for millenia and use their engineering talents to build steam engines, running water, toilets and other modern conveniences required to open a really good orc bistro in Mordor that serves only the finest artisanal cave-grown dwarf heads.

this is way better than the other thread

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Eonwe posted:

Agreed

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

:agreed:

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Kesper North posted:

Same.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Kimsemus posted:

It's like the scene from the Empire Strikes Back where the rebel ships are trying to run the Imperial Blockade and the Imperial captain is like "Good, our first catch of the day" and you're wondering when he has ever fished or why fishing would be a thing in the Empire or why that phrase is being used at all.

Fishing is an eternal pastime for mankind, even thousands of years ago in the future. What do you have against fishing, Kimsemus? Fishing is chill as gently caress.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope the guys in the other thread don't feel like they can't post here. :ohdear:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all are welcome here

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Archenteron posted:

Fishing is an eternal pastime for mankind, even thousands of years ago in the future. What do you have against fishing, Kimsemus? Fishing is chill as gently caress.

Maybe they went to that ocean planet where they grew all the clone troopers once.

(Incidentally, ocean planets are the only ones where the Star Wars fascination with single-biome planets might actually be scientifically accurate).

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Kesper North posted:

Maybe they went to that ocean planet where they grew all the clone troopers once.

(Incidentally, ocean planets are the only ones where the Star Wars fascination with single-biome planets might actually be scientifically accurate).

Really? Why is that, like large desert planets aren't, or do you mean like with oxygen and stuff?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Archenteron posted:

I sort of have this thing against fishing that I can't quite explain. It's almost subconscious.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rakeris posted:

Really? Why is that, like large desert planets aren't, or do you mean like with oxygen and stuff?

Forest moons, desert planets, et cetera, rather than the diverse ecosystems discovered by filmmakers on other inhabitable space operas.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kimsemus posted:

I sort of have this thing against fishing that I can't quite explain. It's almost subconscious.

I feel that way about monkeys, apes and other higher primates. I loving hate them. Everyone's going "oooeeeerr look at that cute little monkey," and I'm just like "Have you seen what they do when they finish evolving?!"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't get people's obsession with Star Wars.

It's pretty weird and dumb.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

chill thread about to get real unchill if you don't recant that horrible falsity

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, I felt like a pariah for not being particularly interested in seeing the new one.

Some great space opera on TV right now, though, if "one show" counts as "some".

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Archenteron posted:

Yeah did kotor or whatever they called the mmo not have fishing? If not they are jerks but if so its canon soz m8s

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kesper North posted:

Yeah, I felt like a pariah for not being particularly interested in seeing the new one.

Some great space opera on TV right now, though, if "one show" counts as "some".

Watch Ascension.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Kesper North posted:

Malcanis just explained this to me over some excellent south indian curry and brewed-under-license lagers and it opened my eyes to the realisation that Sauron actually never does much wrong while having some seriously liberal views on multi-ethnic hiring policy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endie posted:

Malcanis just explained this to me over some excellent south indian curry and brewed-under-license lagers and it opened my eyes to the realisation that Sauron actually never does much wrong while having some seriously liberal views on multi-ethnic hiring policy.

Sauron was just the leader of the outcasted people in the milk white Tolkein racial purity fanfic.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

chill thread about to get real unchill if you don't recant that horrible falsity

Like I said to HVACRepairman.

Fight me.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Unfunny Poster posted:

Watch Ascension.

I didn't like it. Magical powers and no actual spaceship!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Endie posted:

It's true! You know Elrond just wants all those filthy Orcs to go back where they came from. And he sailed off to some Elven gated community at the end.

• Locked thread