Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
I just started playing this. Are there any major concepts or pitfalls I should be aware of? The ship I was on just blew up, so I went over to explore it with my radiation suit, but hella crabs kept coming around and kicking my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Thanks, dudes. I am enjoying, though I've been spooked a few times by the sounds in the deep. Question, how do I disassemble something? I accidentally built an extra O2 tank and it's just taking up space now.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
To start my basebuilding, can I move that initial escape pod, or do I just start anew?

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Sheeeeit, I barely survived that far.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
And getting eaten by scary sea monsters. Note to self: Seamoth does not prevent being ingested by scary sea monsters.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Well, I found out the hard way that if you build too much too quickly, your poo poo will break and flood. Guess I need to pay attention more to the hull integrity messages when fabricating.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Those crabs on the Aurora and elsewhere are fun to grab with the gravity gun and hurl across the ocean.

I just built a gravity gun and I can confirm. Eat poo poo, you little bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
My son is into Subnautica videos again, and he has a stuffed crocheted Reaper that my sister-in-law made for him. He's watching reaper videos and playing with the toy, and gosh darn it, I wish I could play it for the first time again .