Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I've been playing it on Xbox One, and after a save-bug left me stranded forever on the island with the two Degassi bases, I had a break until the Eyecandy patch solved it.

I have so far lost two Seamoths to my own stupidity and greed. One I lost because I kept exploiting the slow load of tiles and zipped around underground, so I could get stuff without enemies being able to get me. Until I became too greedy with rubies at a vulcano and died. With the Seamoth safely positioned below the sea floor.

The other one I lost because a wreck loaded up around it, trapping it in a little room.

Now I am on my third bloody Moth, and I haven't found a single blueprint for neither drill arm or the grapple hook for the Prawn, which makes it quite useless. And the only Magnetite I can find with my scanners come in those big deposits.

Currently I am building bases with scanner rooms around the map, in the hope I can find some drill arm fragments that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Jusupov posted:

Every time I look at my scanner it seems to have different stuff it can scan. Worst was down to 1 page from 3

Right now I can't get my scanners to find fragments, which is really slowing me down, as I need that drat drill arm for my prawn. And the grapple :saddowns:

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

So on the PS4 version I just had the door to the Prawn Bay be unrepairable. So I guess I have to start over. Which makes me think, I wish the game would drop more equipment on you automatically. Like it does when the Aurora explodes. While the game was in Early Access on Xbox I never found any Prawn equipment either, so no grapple and especially no mining arm.

Like, maybe a computer which could be set up to “calculate” new equipment after a while? Anything but these things which forces me to start over :(

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

I am not sure I can be bothered with finding the antidote. The pengling robot is alright, though with very little use (quartz? great!), but until I went on a killing spree in the Prawn orphaning snow stalker babies, the outdoors is awful to navigate. Even in the Prawn, I keep ending going in circles, not being able to find something.

Also, that area was awful arriving to during night hours. I know there's land, as I could see some plants. But I could not seea way to land, and all the while the eye jellies were just edging closer. And closer. And I sat huddling on a ice floe, hoping they were not hostile.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

VectorSigma posted:

I think I'll just stay out of this one...

You almost have to dive into that one, but dammit if Ventgardens and Eye Jellies weren't the worst creatures. Not because they are harmful, but they gave me the willies.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

McCracAttack posted:

They had a family....

Weird, Snowstalkers seem virtually extinct in my version of the game.

Because I killed them. And not just the men, the women and children too!

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

uXs posted:

That's crazy, the scanner room is my #1 target because it's so useful.

And not using beacons, well, I don't even know what to say.

Had one instance of not having any beacon fragments spawning. That was interesting…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Anyway, I gave Below Zero a new try after not getting very far the first time back in the day. One of the things that made me quit last time was that I never found the base builder tool. This time around I got it, but it's frustrating how a lot of critical things are gated by schematics being in only one spot or a very few number of spots.

One thing I would have loved to see was a computer which could unlock blueprints. Like it looks at your progression and figures out what tech level you’re at. It would “defrag your library of blueprints” or some technobabble, but it would allow you to get everything, maybe in exchange for some resource.

Reason I am suggesting this is I have never had a play through where I have found everything. In one I never found beacons. I don’t think I have ever unlocked the Cyclops without cheating.