Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Bought this game. It is chill and good. And occasionally loving terrifying. I haven't set up a base yet, but I've noticed that my escape pod thing is drifting...

E: Oh wow, just had a solar eclipse occur.

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm wondering if it's from pushing it, accidentally or not, and it just never stops?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I have so much stupid hunks of gold in my lockers. Almost every non-limestone outcrop can have gold in it. I don't need all this gold!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Where's my phasetech, Alterra Corporation?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Azhais posted:

Yeah, I had an aquarium long before I even had a working power source. good thing too, not a single fish near my base all of a sudden, so its a good thing I got 10 peepers at hand at all times

Wild fish and plants don't repopulate or respawn; you may have killed off the local stuff around your base.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Somehow it always comes back around to being Flayra's fault somehow, doesn't it?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Exposure therapy helps with phobias so just jump in and go try to pet a crabsquid!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I was attempting to be somewhat humorous please don't try to pet the crabsquid.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
https://soundcloud.com/kamakazi/mezmer-trip
Enjoy!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

LordSloth posted:

If there is any environment truly appropriate for Lovecraftian horrors in the forbidden deeps... Well this probably isn't the game.

Sorry, you get Kharaa instead. You're gonna walk thru a portal and get transported to a game of NS2 where everyone is a dumbass and there's no commander.

True horror.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Trustworthy posted:

So, is terraforming dead as of this morning, or am I going to need to ask this question yet again in a couple months?

They announced that it was pushed back a bit so no it is not yet

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
They are still planning on removing terraforming but evidently are having some issues doing so or something so it got pushed back

I don't know more details, I'm not a dev. They have a trello, you can read it too.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Thor-Stryker posted:

This Dev team has a habit of doing things the professional way. All all the content is going to be put in first before they move to optimization just before official release.

Course, Natural-Selection 2 was built on an in-house engine so we'll see if Charlie and his team can eek out some improvements on this one.

It also took them what, 3 years? To get the performance issues tamped down.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
** Kharaa need not apply

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The game will never be complete until they add a gorge plushie claw game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
They're not too difficult to care for and make for an interesting pet.

They get their poison from the ants they eat, if they're raised in captivity they aren't toxic.