Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
The crashfish audio cue still panics me a bit. I'm working up the gumption to explore the lava biome.

Phssthpok posted:

It's actually spelled pedants :eng101:

gently caress thats good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Sioux posted:

I have only found doors you had to open with a laser cutter, where I was prompted by the game that I had to use one. Have I been ignoring a lot of loot? What do these boxes look like?

Also, I checked the lava flows once. Have a full prawn suit (with the drill and the grappling arm) and a Cyclops, yet somehow I have not seen any of the Sea Treaders yet nor have I found the Degrassi base. I think I somehow never found the Deep Grand Reef yet.

The game has a really funny flow to it sometimes. I try really hard not to use google, but there was a least one or two pods I just could not flippin find. And some other stuff.

I'm really enjoying it and not rushing through like I sometimes do with my buddies in multiplayer games.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Air bladders are a super common safety equipment for divers even for static use

Ships that sink in harbors are deadly confusing wrecks and it ain't from the bends

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Fruits of the sea posted:

I wouldn’t mind AAA games reducing in scope a bit. We’re kinda getting diminishing returns as open world games grow larger and larger. Like, is it really a selling point that Skull & Bones has a larger world than all the Assassin’s Creed games? I didn’t even see everything in the first game

Especially when everything is copy pasted quests Jackson Pollocked across the map. There's always something to do because there's a 1000 items to craft with ten upgrade levels each and god knows how many parrot tits my dumbass is gonna need this go around.

This is obviously not subnautica at all I'm derailing like a mah

edit- tiny timbs good point games is bigger than movies these days

Shuka fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 10, 2024