Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Rotten Cookies posted:

I need multiplayer if only so I can start my Sealab 2021 Roleplay server

I too look forward to becoming Howlin' Mad Murphy in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Rotten Cookies posted:

I need multiplayer if only so I can start my Sealab 2021 Roleplay server

I too look forward to becoming Howlin' Mad Murphy in this game.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I'm honestly surprised they haven't programmed the vending machine to shoot colas at you fast enough to hurt you.

Alas, you cannot make a pirate radio station either.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Surprise, surprise. Was wondering when the devs would go 'gently caress the Cyclops'.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

With all of those changes, why the gently caress would you want to use the Cyclops? It's probably going to be more resource efficient to make a string of bases that you can just Seamoth/PRAWN to instead of having to deal with a deep sea Yugo.

I really wish they'd stop listening to the kids huffing paint in the corner.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 9, 2017

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Tombot posted:

Next update the Cyclops will be made of pure potassium so it explodes the second it touches the water.

They're actually much more likely to modify it so that it explodes as soon as water touches the engine, but yeah pretty much.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

GrandpaPants posted:

You should suggest that players should have to play a minigame to operate the Cyclops because verisimilitude or something. Let's go with a rhythm game because why not?

If you want to use silent running, you have to pedal on a stationary bicycle to run the propeller. In order to pedal, you have to mash the left and right arrow keys in succession. The faster you do it, the faster your silent running speed.

By the way, you can't steer the sub while on the bike.

Zesty posted:

That's a bit much. I just did a whole play-through without using the Cyclops at all. Went fine.

And that's what I was trying to say with my earlier post. The Cyclops is becoming such a hassle to use that you'll be fine just ignoring it and spending your resources on a chain of bases where you can refuel your Seamoth/PRAWN.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 9, 2017

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

SetPhazers2Funk posted:

What's the strategy for using the Cyclops? I just built my first one, and no matter which speed and silent running buttons I pressed, the ship seemed to be under constant creature attack once I started moving, and sometimes when I wasn't moving at all. I've parked it back at base and am sticking with the trusty seamoth, but surely I'm missing something. I get that the idea is to use it as a mobile base and then explore out of it with smaller craft, but I couldn't even get it 200 meters from the shallows without it being on fire, let alone park it somewhere deep/useful.

Ironically, people will tell you not to use it.

Unironically, they will also tell you not to use it.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

SinineSiil posted:

What is this? Why is this first time I'm hearing of it?

It's because his uncle at Nintendo got him a copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Section Z posted:

Speaking of crash fish. Have they finally dialed back on their suddenly deciding to take up triggering from seamoths driving past all the caves in the safe shallows and one-shooting your little submarine?

I remember the Devs admitting eventually that the Crash fish were somehow multi-stacking damage to the Seamoth after quite a while of the playerbase just shouting how that was working as intended. But them aggroing on the seamoth in the first place was a bit silly.

Yeah, when this happened to my upgraded Seamoth I called it quits. Even with reinforced hull/damage resistance, a crashfish one-shotted it. Considering that your diver-man can take a crashfish to the face, one-shotting a Seamoth is extreme bullshit.