Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Iznogood posted:

Bought this on sale like others. Love it it's beautiful. My pod did drift so its possible. In my case it seemed it drifted suddenly when I died and respawned in it. It jerked and when I got out I was on top of the algea forest thingy. Maybe 100m from starting location.

Those loving exploding fishes.

edit: Just realised that when I use the fabricator enough my ship starts to move under my feets. or A fish is bumping it. I would not mind much if there was a hanchor of some sort you could craft.

You should work towards fabricating a habitat builder tool, so you can make anchored seabases that you can upgrade with neat stuff. The escape pod is just a temporary base for you.

I think the drifting pod is a bigger problem in this patch. I visited a faraway location for an in-game day or two, and when I tried to return to the pod it was 2 powercells of Seamoth travel away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Fish don't respawn very fast and they tend to die a lot when you're in the area. They die from you bumping them too hard, or bigger animal kills them or some other random reason. If you say in one area for a while, the smaller fish there will end up dead. You can always breed some in aquariums and release them into the wild.

Die-off in the Safe Shallows or Kelp forest is mostly from Stalkers and Bleeders roaming around and eating stuff while you build.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

priznat posted:

I would raise a reaper to think I am its mama and ride it around with a kick rear end saddle

You discover too late that reaper babies eat their parents when they reach maturity.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

I built my base floating off a cliff and I didn't realize it needed structural support. So I put in a moonpool and docked my seamoth into it. Each pod had a bunch of holes in it with no power and the whole base was flooded while the computer kept screaming at me about low power. That was fun, you probably don't want to do it that way.

The cliff thing doesn't matter. The moon pool is a huge hit to structural integrity, but you can add some reinforcement panels or bulkheads somewhere and still solve the problem.