Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The first thing you should do is rush the big and the small sub.
You can dock the small sub in the big one, and even build stuff in it. Storage and stuff. It acta amazing as a mobile base and has it's own constructor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Truga posted:

So I've been just dicking around for what's probably way too long and now there's zero fish around the escape pod. Is it possible to repopulate or am I just screwed?

Build big boat and move somewhere else.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

..btt posted:

Counterpoint: the big sub is slow, too big and a pain in the rear end to keep powered (takes 6 power cells). I'd just focus on the little one and grab a solar upgrade when you get the moon pool. Apparently they're planning on adding stuff to recharge the big sub in the next major update so maybe it'll be more useful at that point.

Yeah but...large cells are easy to produce. You get the efficiency upgrade super easy, and with 6 full cells you can run days and days.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

punakone posted:

What is up with silver, I can find everything else pretty easily but silver continuously eludes my grasp, whether its hiding in blood grass or kelp forests, so far the best luck Ive had is finding vents where magma comes through and checking the caves in those.

The reslist place to find silver is in the kelp forest, in Sandstone Outcrops, not Limestones one. They are pretty rare.
You will find more in further away biomes. If you have a radsuit the crashsite also has more Sandstone iirc.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Truga posted:

I think I've pretty much built what there is to build in this game... except find a sea glider fragment. Are these supposed to be so rare? Wiki says they're found in kelp forests, but I've scanned >100 kelp forest fragments now, none were sea glider ones.

You sure you can't already built it already? Check the fabricator.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

GenericOverusedName posted:

I have so much stupid hunks of gold in my lockers. Almost every non-limestone outcrop can have gold in it. I don't need all this gold!

Pimp My Submarine~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The selling point for me is the big submarine. I hope they add more expansion modules to it soon.