Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I love subnautica. The atmosphere is fantastic and the exploration feels rewarding. A mystical underwater world where everything is screaming away at the top of their lungs.

The conflict is in this being a game that I feel would be best experienced when it's finished. Right now it's something of a breathtaking magical forest where the trees turn to cardboard cutouts after you pretty past the wrong river and the gameplay elements still feel indev. If you do not mind kicking things around and running through some of the same motions multiple times as they rebuild the game a few times I think it's a very good purchase.

If you want to enjoy the experience of everything working as intended it might be worth waiting a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Truga posted:

Yes, it's not in fab, and it's not under blueprints. I don't even have 1 scanned, much less 3 or whatever is needed :v:

Maybe I just started the game while new game was bugged.

I'm in a similar situation. After the farming update many people were unable to locate the fragments, which were meant to be in the kelp forest. Stuff like the solar panel and other essentials are exceedingly difficult to find even as you're up to your nipples in seamoth blueprints.

In the farming update I'm found everything there is to find and have the 'ol base/cyclops deal built and floating around but I still lack for a seaglide. The fragments just aren't in my game.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

GlyphGryph posted:

I do wonder/hope if they'll open it up to multiplayer eventually. The thing I honestly most want right now is the ability to show off my stuff to people and show them col stuff I've discovered...

Also yeah looking forward to more room variety, but I'm assuming that one is actually planned.

The game was originally conceived of as a co-op, if I recall my original dev conversations correctly, and that they're still very interested in the game allowing for that scale. However they've shifted their goals to addressing that ambition following the completion of the game rather than attempting to manage the development of the game and the stability of multiplayer concurrently.

fake edit: http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-multiplayer-when-if-how-and-why/

There we go.