Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
This performs a hundred times better after I moved it to my SSD. It was pretty bad on a normal HD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Paracelsus posted:

The biggest problem with the fragment distribution for me is that the locations don't make any sense when compared to your tech progression. I'm drowning in Seamoth Upgrade Console fragments gathered from the Grassy Plateaus long before I can get Moon Pool fragments from the Grand Reef, even though the Console Fragments can't be used until I can build a Moon Pool, and the main reason to pursue this line of upgrades is so that the Seamoth can survive the pressures of biomes like... the Grand Reef.

Just found this on their To Do list

"Rework fragments so only in wreckage, Wrecks, Aurora, LifePods (6ish), Abandoned Bases (3-5)"

This makes more sense and should make them easier to find than sweeping the bottom of the ocean.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's been updated every 1-3 months for two years and will be complete in a few updates.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
A whole chunk of addons to make the cyclops better. In fact maybe I just hate the cyclops. It got nerfed to be more impractical and I thought it sucked before then. The cyclops should do a whole lot more to justify the pain of driving it and they had excessively crippled it's defense last time I played.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Wish they'd dealt with some annoyances.

Mipmap distance is aggressively low which softens the image, has an obvious line of detail and drops the other side of a larger room like the moonpool to N64 textures.
Base low power any time you load the game.
Covering the HUD with markers gives the impression of a temporary solution to navigation they never tried to address. Hope you like beacons or have a great 3D memory.
Went out of bounds in interiors about three times which is nuts. It loves ejecting you through ceilings.
Water need is a nuisance. The Water Filtration Machine is overtuned and is one of the more hidden unlocks, maybe fruit is ok but I haven't tried it yet and the values appear low. You just farm bladderfish whenever you get low. Salt is good but randomly located. They missed an opportunity to have a floating water generator or figuring out how to make desalination reasonable.
Why don't big lockers come with built in signs like every other locker?
Bio reactor needs too much babysitting.
Who thought it was a good idea to make lightsticks use batteries, making them too annoying to use for anything but temporary lighting.
Building placement really sucks in interiors, it could use a grid/snap and being less arbitrary about what it will accept.
Bases are still buggy. Stack two modular rooms then try to add a ladder? Have another modular room appear inside overlapping everything. Fish like to come inside and bump you around. The game isn't always sure when you are indoors or in the sea.

Moonpool only goes one way round and you always get out/in the left. The ladders in it are a bit buggy too, aim up and climb back down into the water you were in :downs:

Carecat fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Magus42 posted:

Probably the people who designed them as temporary lighting :)

Not going to say they are totally useless in that role but we already have flares, flashlight/seaglide, vehicle lights and on top of that a beacon or Pathfinder Tool is much more practical for navigation. I've never used light sticks or flares because the flashlight/seaglide are enough. If light sticks didn't have a limited lifespan I could actually use them for cosmetic base lighting.