Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Ambaire posted:

Edit: Although the lack of a Seamoth is giving me a new appreciation for the Seaglide. I never knew you could harvest resources while still on it, and I have so many batteries that its power usage is a non issue.

Anyone find Seamoth fragments?

Seaglide is almost too good - four tanks and a few batteries (and an air bladder for emergencies) and there doesn't seem to be any limit to where I can go. Toyed with turning on the NITROGEN cheat just to force some limit on being able to drag myself anywhere with that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh, I know. It's just always struck me as odd that you didn't get the whole suit at the lifepod. I never knew if I was just missing a piece there or if it was intentional.

If it's the piece I think, it's sitting flat on top a nearby large black girder. The texture is a 2D fin, so I always miss that piece and have to go back for it (it kind of blends into the texture). Of course, not to say it might not be missing entirely in your game - I've seem some strange behavior in it recently.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Paracelsus posted:

Dive reel, pipes, and air bladder are all easily skippable. The pipes might be more interesting if they were twice as long.

Air bladder is the only one of these I'd argue (for a beginner). I actually ended up using it a lot in the last game because gating the other equipment means I'm relying on the seaglide, and the bladder is the quickest way to the surface when both your batteries and O2 are low. I suppose the pipes would serve a similar purpose but it feels like I'm never in the same place long enough to justify that. Of course the more you get used to speeding through the tech the less useful it becomes, but I keep it on me for emergencies and it's saved me more than once when things went south (like when adding the moonpool drained the base power and shut off the O2, necessitating a rush to the surface).

I used to use the dive reel but it was just janky enough to get you killed when you tried relying on it, and after a while I figured out which caves were dangerous and how to get around in them.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005
This one's all over the place. Of course, I'm playing experimental, so I wonder how that even factors into the bug reports people must be making - I mean how would you know if you were looking at a bug or some compounded version of a bug caused by doing something particular across rolling experimental updates. Just throw the experimental reports out?

I was actually having fun with this last patch-batch, but as of the latest update the prawn now stands several feet over the sea floor and wobbles when it walks like its got broken legs.

RadioDog fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 17, 2017

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Coffeehitler posted:

Found a fun little bug that was introduced with Infection, if you get 40+ meters away from a Waterproof Storage everything in it disappears. I think I'm done playing for a bit.

If I remember right this was like one of the original bugs with waterproof storage as well, way way back in the beginning - inventory just disappearing.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Coffeehitler posted:

Ah, I got this from the Humble Freedom Bundle and I don't think it hit my first game.

No, I think you're right. It sounds like an old bug returned. The locker used to just be a cube, and occasionally everything in it would just disappear. I remember running into it when I first bought the game. Sometimes the cubes themselves would disappear.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005
I accidentally created a gold shortage using the trash can. I got tired of using a whole lockers to store it and just started trashing it, then finally late game when I needed a bunch of advanced wiring kits suddenly I couldn't find outcroppings anymore. I eventually had to roam around in the prawn looking for drillable gold, and eventually found some in a sunken thermal/crater area. By that point copper had replaced it as useless and plentiful.

I normally don't like scarcity as a game mechanic, but I enjoyed stomping around in the prawn looking for rarer materials to drill out. Finding large silver deposits in the dunes was my other favorite discovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

I thought they changed it so the still suit doesn't provide sustainable water anymore.

2 hardcore completions down since final release and I still haven't found the stillsuit.